motorcycle carry question - Page 3

motorcycle carry question

This is a discussion on motorcycle carry question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; when this subject come up. i alway think of this thread I readed on the 1800 Goldwing forum. (sorry but i can find it) the ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: motorcycle carry question

when this subject come up. i alway think of this thread I readed on the 1800 Goldwing forum. (sorry but i can find it)
    the guy thought a sholder rig was the safest way to carry,
    secured, with a thumb strap.
    easy to draw if needed..
    didn't like the idea of getting gun out of saddle bags evertime he stopped.

But in a slow speed manuver 30 or 40mph, got in gravel, landed in the grass. guess where? right on his gun.
    broke 3 or 4 ribs. scratched bike alittle and felt he wouldn't have even got hurt if it wasn't for his sholder rig.
    when it happens its gonna happen fast, i don't want to have to worry about my gun when it does.

you dont need to , or want to fire at someone while riding. What if you miss !? hit someone else.
    I also can't think of 1 reason while I would need to fire at someone while riding.
    unless I was riding with the "Sons Of Anarchy"

Dang, I which I could find that thread, it was a great viewpoint,
    my.02
    Glocks

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy View Post
    you dont need to , or want to fire at someone while riding. What if you miss !? hit someone else.
    I also can't think of 1 reason while I would need to fire at someone while riding.
    unless I was riding with the "Sons Of Anarchy"
    i dont know what firing on someone while riding has to do with this thread...carrying is carrying...whether you are in a car, train, bus, boat, whatever...just because someone decides to carry while riding doesnt mean they intend to shoot while moving...refer to threads regarding carrying in amusement parks...why would anybody need to fire a gun while riding on a roller coaster?...

as far as ging down with a gun on...its like anything else...there are numerous things that can hurt you when you go down..and your gun is the least of them...trust me...i died after slamming into the side of a stop sign running pickup truck at 55 mph and was brought back by a fast responding emt crew (7 minutes of artificial resuscitation)...just about every inch of my body was bruised or broken...i dont htink my gun would have done any more damage to me than anything else did....if all you do is worry about that kind of thing then you worry too much...

by the way...the backpack is actually more dangerous then strapping a carry bag to the bike...in an accident its weight can help increase injury to the rider....the bike is more than capable of carrying the load...your body shouldnt....a gun in a backpack could be facing in a bad direction in an accident and doing more dameg than one captive in a holster at your side...

yes...i still ride...every day...same bike after $11k in repairs...including a new frame and front end...

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    ummm.... yeah I don't really plan on shooting while riding...

I do ride with gear though. Scorpion Helmet, gauntlet style ICON gloves, Joe rocket alter ego jacket, alpine boots and ICON reinforced jeans (sometimes).

Again I want to emphasize that I'm not talking about going down hard and hurting yourself bad. More like going down and being hurt because you carried whereas if you didn't you would have not sustained injury (frame impact, hammer puncture, pinching, holster related injury, injured privates from smart carry, AD from bad holster, etc.)
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I gotta second the NO back pack thing. Serious spinal injuries!

Also, this is definitely not about the Hollywood scene of shooting while riding. A bike, no matter how small a cc's, is going to out accelerate and out manuever most anything, except maybe high end pasta rockets. Get away comes first or distance yourself, get off, seek cover and then engage. If it boils down to that.

2 cents.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

question regarding the all the time leather wearers and a shoulder holster...on a hot day when you stop for a bite or actually get somewhere where you dont need to be wearing full leathers whats the plan?..or is this just when all youre going to do is ride?...when i see a "atgatt" in a hot climate i'm thinking the gear doesnt stay on at lunch and dinner stops...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    question regarding the all the time leather wearers and a shoulder holster...on a hot day when you stop for a bite or actually get somewhere where you dont need to be wearing full leathers whats the plan?..or is this just when all youre going to do is ride?...when i see a "atgatt" in a hot climate i'm thinking the gear doesnt stay on at lunch and dinner stops...
    I'm a ATGATT rider, and when I stop, the jacket comes off and I unzip my tank bag, and leave the top flap down over the weapon that is carried in the bag. I've given a lot of thought to where the weapon will be, whether riding or stopped. This seems to me the best option for me. I don't leave my bag out of reach +/- , I have my wallet/cell/etc. in the bag as well, so the bag comes with me. I know I should carry the cell on me, I'm working on it now that I have jackets with cell pockets. Having read the varying responces in hopes of always looking to improve my situation, I thank all of you for the input.....
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Joe Rocket mesh jacket with full armor for warm weather riding.

Like wearing that t-shirt, but all the benefits of full coverage protection.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

I carry the LCP in the hip pocket of my jeans. the gun is the last thing to go through you mind if you are going down
    Cowboy

Don't go down. LOL. Your bike will normally go wherever your mind is, don't get into the "haven't layed it down... yet" mentality.

Vest pocket, or hip, but haven't gone down and don't plan to with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Don't go down. LOL. Your bike will normally go wherever your mind is, don't get into the "haven't layed it down... yet" mentality.

Vest pocket, or hip, but haven't gone down and don't plan to with it.

I never "PLAN" on going down, it just kinda happens
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Riding a Harley since 1978, never been down. Fell over once, but that was the mud and beer at Sturgis.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastball View Post
    Joe Rocket mesh jacket with full armor for warm weather riding.

Like wearing that t-shirt, but all the benefits of full coverage protection.
    Ditto. I wear a TourMaster mesh jacket/pants combo. Florida summer, 90+ degrees F, 95%+ humidity . . . you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by druidcat1115 View Post
    the gun is the last thing to go through you mind if you are going down
    maybe....maybe not.

I know for a fact if I carried one time I wiped out on my DB cresting a hill I would have ended up on a gernie. I landed on the side of a rut... the bike jerked left, my body slammed to the ground on the right directly on my hip. Had I been carrying I would have landed right where I carry IWB. Because I had gear on I got the wind knocked out of me but otherwise I was OK.

One reason I would not carry on my DB when riding on the track.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    maybe....maybe not.

I know for a fact if I carried one time I wiped out on my DB cresting a hill I would have ended up on a gernie. I landed on the side of a rut... the bike jerked left, my body slammed to the ground on the right directly on my hip. Had I been carrying I would have landed right where I carry IWB. Because I had gear on I got the wind knocked out of me but otherwise I was OK.

One reason I would not carry on my DB when riding on the track.
    i guess anyone would question why you even think about carrying on the track...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    i guess anyone would question why you even think about carrying on the track...
    Bears?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links