Well i wonder if SC will pass this.

This is a discussion on Well i wonder if SC will pass this. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Beside the dude making the comment on T.V about being a "Elmer Fudd" and shooting up the place cause the food takes to long, i ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well i wonder if SC will pass this.

Well i wonder if SC will pass this.

Beside the dude making the comment on T.V about being a "Elmer Fudd" and shooting up the place cause the food takes to long, i think this is a hopeful in SC. It just irritates me this dude made that comment it was immature and does not help with the Anti's..

Some Want To Tote Guns Into Restaurants - News Story - WHNS Greenville

Some Want To Tote Guns Into Restaurants
    Some Concealed Weapons Holders Believe It's Their Right

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Many of you have probably seen a no concealed weapons or no guns allowed sign posted on several businesses like banks and businesses in the area. But lawmakers in some states are changing that law and in some areas you can now tote a pistol with your meal.

"You never know when you're going to be in a situation when you're going to need one," Jessica McIlvenny said. She's learning all about guns at the Allen Arms Shooting Range in Greenville County.

"I think in a regular restaurant it would be acceptable but when you go into like a more bar type situation, I would 't think it would be a good idea," McIlvenny said.

Recently, lawmakers in states like Arizona, Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia passed laws that would allow customers with concealed weapons permits to carry their guns inside certain resturaunts as long as they didn't drink, or sit at the bar.

"It's just a recipe for disaster and you start Elmer Fudden' it boom, boom bring me my food, naw that's not a good thing," Jay Morgan, a gun owner said.

David Pantaloni is a concealed weapons instructor at the Allen Arms. He teaches how guns should and should not be used.

"The change of the law has been brought before the legislature in those states and is currently being argued in South Carolina," Pantaloni said.

He said alcohol and weapons should never mix, but would support a law in South Carolina that would allow law-abiding citizens to carry guns into restaurants.

"It's our right and not necessarily a privilege to carry a gun," he said.

Right now, it is illegal for anyone to carry a gun into a restaurant unless carrying the weapon is related to their jobs.
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

2. Remove Ads

I hope so, that would be awsome!!!!!
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Right now, it is illegal for anyone to carry a gun into a restaurant unless carrying the weapon is related to their jobs.
    Plan B: All employers require firearms as part of their employee's job.

"Right now, it is illegal for anyone to carry a gun into a restaurant unless carrying the weapon is related to their jobs. "

This is actually untrue; it is legal to carry in restaurants UNLESS they serve alcohol.

'"It's just a recipe for disaster and you start Elmer Fudden' it boom, boom bring me my food, naw that's not a good thing," Jay Morgan, a gun owner said.'

I would consider the source of this quote. These media types play pretty loose and free with facts. Even if it's accurate, they can always find some silly person to say the thing they want to print.

GM
    That would be nice!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Y'all: As I think about the uses I want for my CC, the 10PM leaving a restaurant with my wife and walking to my car is on the top of my list. The only problems I can see are 1) you should be allowed to drink alcohol in some way consistent with limits on DUI--it could be less than .08 but there should be some allowance. I can see the pros and cons on this. 2) how do you define the bar from the restaurant from the bar that serves food at tables and at the bar counter? Sure hope someone in SC can "fix" this but those problems I raised will have a way of screwing this subject up when it comes to the legislature.

If you could simply get the Attorney General to admit he is wrong you could simply avoid having to pass this legislation...

Just so nobody gets it wrong from relying on the article, the Tennessee restaurant carry was overturned by some pinhead (in my humble opinion) judge. I don't think the legislature has passed a new law yet.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Y'all: As I think about the uses I want for my CC, the 10PM leaving a restaurant with my wife and walking to my car is on the top of my list. The only problems I can see are 1) you should be allowed to drink alcohol in some way consistent with limits on DUI--it could be less than .08 but there should be some allowance. I can see the pros and cons on this. 2) how do you define the bar from the restaurant from the bar that serves food at tables and at the bar counter? Sure hope someone in SC can "fix" this but those problems I raised will have a way of screwing this subject up when it comes to the legislature.
    According to the state liquor laws in SC, all businesses that serve alcohol must also serve food; so there really is no such legal entity as a bar. I hope our legislature passes something. I would be fine with cc in a restaurant as long as the carrier is not drinking at all. On Februry 13th, my family went out for sushi/Japanese food and had an encounter on the way to the car that worried my wife and myself. I had my knife at the ready but would have preferred my handgun.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Let's just hope this passes. We need this.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    If you could simply get the Attorney General to admit he is wrong you could simply avoid having to pass this legislation...
    You're exactly right!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    In Fl, you can carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol as long as you don't sit at the bar. "Bars and taverns" are off limits to CC. It's really not a problem.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I've got my fingers crossed. Like all of you, I seriously hate having to disarm when we go out to eat, leaving me unable to defend my family.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey phreddy: I understand the "no alcohol" rule for implementation of an allowance for CC in restaurants but I also feel that that one beer or glass of wine with the meal would be nice although I do appreciate the ease with which it could be abused. It would seem that the one beer or one wine could still be violated by many---if god forbid something did happen "on the way back to your car" 1) you would not even appear to be intoxicated in any way and 2) at what level of blood alcohol would it have been considered to have been from a drink at home 2 hours or so before, or that one beer or wine at the restaurant? There still has to be a requirement for blood alcohol, if this should enter into an investigation of an incident.

It's my job to defend my life, it has been determined that it is not the police who are going to protect me.

Pretty sad that a gun owner thinks everyone is going to start shooting because of poor service.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links