EDC Question? - Page 2

EDC Question?

This is a discussion on EDC Question? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd add a good knife or two and agree with the cellular! Some folks also carry a BUG. (Back Up Gun) When I do I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EDC Question?

VIP Member
    I'd add a good knife or two and agree with the cellular!

Some folks also carry a BUG. (Back Up Gun) When I do I carry it on my opposite/weak hand side.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I started carrying a slim clip (money clip and credit card holder) in my front pocket...beside my pocket-holstered sub compact slim 9mm. The best thing I ever did for my back was get that bulky wallet out of my back pocket. It also doesn't get stuffed with things you really don't need.
    I am seriousyl considering switching to some sort of front pocket wallet. My pistol rides at 3:30-4:00 which makes getting my wallet out of my strong side back pocket dificult without flashing my pistol difficult.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

For OC spray, Fox Labs either 5.3 or Mean Green the other brand is Sabre Red. For use by untrained personnel get the fog not the stream. Stay away from foam.

In NC you can carry a max of 150cc or about 5 oz.

Cell phone....

I never go without it when I'm carrying...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I am seriousyl considering switching to some sort of front pocket wallet. My pistol rides at 3:30-4:00 which makes getting my wallet out of my strong side back pocket dificult without flashing my pistol difficult.
    I'll never go back to wallets. Stuff stays put in the Slim Clip. One side is for cards/license and the other for money. The best thing I ever did for my back. After having numerous broken tail bones (actually got pushed in and over to one side), it doesn't take much to get it out of line. A Chiropractor recommended it to me and it makes perfect sense if you drive or sit a lot. A wallet throws your back out of line when you sit. This thing rides in the front pocket and I don't even notice its there. I do recommend putting large bills on the inside of the fold so that small bills are what are seen when you pull it out and more readilly accessible. With a little slight of hand, you can access a larger bill without revealing anything but the outer ones.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I carry a $20 bill clipped to a match book along with my glock.
    IAFF 2623
    Everyone comes home!

I'll never go back to wallets. Stuff stays put in the Slim Clip. One side is for cards/license and the other for money. The best thing I ever did for my back. After having numerous broken tail bones (actually got pushed in and over to one side), it doesn't take much to get it out of line. A Chiropractor recommended it to me and it makes perfect sense if you drive or sit a lot. A wallet throws your back out of line when you sit. This thing rides in the front pocket and I don't even notice its there. I do recommend putting large bills on the inside of the fold so that small bills are what are seen when you pull it out and more readilly accessible. With a little slight of hand, you can access a larger bill without revealing anything but the outer ones.
    I googled the slim clip and found the site. Did you order yours online or buy it from a local store? It makes me nervous that the site wants my CC number before it tells me what the shipping and handling cost is.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by xd40conceal View Post
    What kind of OC spray and knife would make for good EDC.
    I don't carry OC, so can't help you there. When it comes to knives, it's hard to go wrong with one of these. Endura 4 LWT - Plain, Combo or Serrated Edge Be sure to get one of these Endura 4 Trainer - Non-Sharpened "Drone" to go with it.

I googled the slim clip and found the site. Did you order yours online or buy it from a local store? It makes me nervous that the site wants my CC number before it tells me what the shipping and handling cost is.
    My wife bought it for me in a local store. I think Target. They're not very expensive. Look on Target's website to see if they still carry it. They might even have them at Wally World now too. I saw them at numerous stores during Christmas.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Check your state laws for what type of knife is legal to carry while you CC.
    Definately a cell phone, a multi-tool and OC spray are nice to have as well.
    In NC you really can't go wrong with a folder with a blade that is 3 1/2" or less. Basically the worst city ordinance on knives I found was not over 3 1/2" blade. Also, I carry fox labs OC spray. If you are around Hickory I can point you in the direction for it.

14‑269. Carrying concealed weapons.
    (d) This section does not apply to an ordinary pocket knife carried in a closed position. As used in this section, "ordinary pocket knife" means a small knife, designed for carrying in a pocket or purse, that has its cutting edge and point entirely enclosed by its handle, and that may not be opened by a throwing, explosive, or spring action.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by xd40conceal View Post
    What kind of OC spray would make for good EDC.
    I just took a class on using a Expandable Baton and OC Spray properly.

I got the ASP Street Defender. Its got 30 half second sprays per canister. Its the most easily concealable and to use OC Spray out there. Alot of security and LEO's use that brand and model. Here is where I bought mine from. I love it some much, im gonna get the ole' lady the one that is just a tad smaller than this one. Plus it has replaceable OC canisters!

I think it the best EDC solution if you want POWER and MANY SPRAYS and easily replaceable cartridges. They are only like $7 to replace one if you had to use it.

OfficerStore.com: ASP: Street Defender Keychain
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

It's very much personal preference but I would add a good folding knife and some OC spray depending on your situation. I also EDC a pocket multi tool.

I Second this Motion!
    So If Guns Kill People Do Pencils Miss Spell Words???

As far as a knife goes I'm not sure how most people feel but for me a knife is primairly a tool first and only a weapon as a last resort. If a attacker has got close enough to me that my knife is a viable weapon that I have majorly screwed up at some point.

Yes and No and really you never know what situation might land on you and a knife just may be the answer your looking for right at that moment so you can make some space to draw your primary weapon.

It Is A Space "Get Off Of Me Tool"

BenchMade Mini Barrage 585 (Assisted opener, Axis Lock and feels great in your hand)"Also make sure you check local law before you make a major purchase on a New Knife.

I like cargos with Velcro corners on them carry at 3:15. Security from pick pockets and your chiropractor will agree great for your back to relieve unevenness in your spine. Or simple dress right front pocket.

I started carrying a slim clip (money clip and credit card holder) in my front pocket...beside my pocket-holstered sub compact slim 9mm. The best thing I ever did for my back was get that bulky wallet out of my back pocket. It also doesn't get stuffed with things you really don't need.
    I've gotten to where I find places to carry my wallet other than in my back pocket any more. I can't seem to go anywhere without the other stuff I keep in my wallet IE;Driver/CWP/Veh.reg/VA ID/Insur/road emerg card/money/spare car key/credit card/etc....
    I always carry a pocket knife since I was about 8, thought of it as a tool as mentioned. Now days I've gotten to where I like a 3" half & half blade folder.
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links