EDC Question?

This is a discussion on EDC Question? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I'm starting to feel like a juggler. fullsize 9mm, pepper spray, folding knife, cell phone. And I want to add a small tactical light. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EDC Question?

Well, I'm starting to feel like a juggler.

fullsize 9mm, pepper spray, folding knife, cell phone. And I want to add a small tactical light.

All go in purse except for knife (pocket) and sometimes I wear cell in a pocket holster.

I am thinking of adding the light because of a post here where someone shined the light in the eyes of a very persistent, borderline dangerous panhandler. I really liked that idea.....you wont be liable for any assault-type legal action with that, but it may discourage. (If I need more, I have it). I'm trying to think of other scenarios where it might be used like that.

I do have an appropriate small intense lite, but it lives on my nitestand and I dont really want to be 'loading and unloading' everything. I already have to do that with the 9mm.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It's very much personal preference but I would add a good folding knife and some OC spray depending on your situation. I also EDC a pocket multi tool.
    +1 good advice.

I don't carry the multi tool, but I have one close by.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    I've gotten to where I find places to carry my wallet other than in my back pocket any more. I can't seem to go anywhere without the other stuff I keep in my wallet IE;Driver/CWP/Veh.reg/VA ID/Insur/road emerg card/money/spare car key/credit card/etc....
    I always carry a pocket knife since I was about 8, thought of it as a tool as mentioned. Now days I've gotten to where I like a 3" half & half blade folder.
    I keep my DL, Credit Card, CHP, Health Insurance Card, Car Insurance Emergency Contact Card on the side made to hold that kind of stuff and money on the other side. By other stuff, I meant receipts, business cards, pictures, etc. Google Slim Clip...works really well.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I am seriousyl considering switching to some sort of front pocket wallet. My pistol rides at 3:30-4:00 which makes getting my wallet out of my strong side back pocket dificult without flashing my pistol difficult.
    Mini Skinny wallet works like a charm in my front pocket (I can't stand the "stuffed" feeling of a regular wallet in my front pocket, so I always use to carry my old "fat" wallet in my back pocket, which was great for pickpockets and chiropractors, but not for me!):
    Amazon.com: Mini Skinny Card Case in Tuxedo Black: Everything Else

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    And I want to add a small tactical light.
    Hi 9MMare,

When you see the price of the tactical light I bought and now carry, you will think I am very cheap (which I am), and perhaps a bit crazy (which I'm not!). However, the light is made of aluminum, is of good quality, has a bright LED beam, has a rubberized switch in its base, and is small enough to fit in my rear pocket with my OC, knife, and multitool (the light does not have a pocket clip though...). Obviously, you are not getting a Surefire here, but at 1/60th the price, I think it will do quite nicely!

Mini 3W LED Handy Flashlight Torch For Sporting Camping - eBay (item 280418532403 end time Mar-02-10 2329 PST)

-Bill

Lights on a budget.

The coleman max lights are plenty bright. And Fenix is a good middle of the road option as well. I have 1 coleman and 2 fenix lights in various places. I saw a Surefire at Lowes Hardware the other day for not much more than my Fenix.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I keep my DL, Credit Card, CHP, Health Insurance Card, Car Insurance Emergency Contact Card on the side made to hold that kind of stuff and money on the other side. By other stuff, I meant receipts, business cards, pictures, etc. Google Slim Clip...works really well.
    That's the best clip solution I've seen.... Something to think about...Thx
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Knife, OC spray, cell phone and light. Very nice rig you have there!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by monk View Post
    That's the best clip solution I've seen.... Something to think about...Thx
    My wife said she got it at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Thanks very much for the tips on the lites guys! Bill, that price cant be beat!
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I googled the slim clip and found the site. Did you order yours online or buy it from a local store? It makes me nervous that the site wants my CC number before it tells me what the shipping and handling cost is.
    It can be found at Amazon for $6.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

The very basics... firearm, OC spray, extra mag, cell phone, a good flash light (SureFire, possibly), a good knife (lots to choose from), and finally...keys and ID.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links