EDC Question?

This is a discussion on EDC Question? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm form North Carolina and will be new to CC ( I'm approved and my card should be in next week ). I have the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EDC Question?

EDC Question?

I'm form North Carolina and will be new to CC ( I'm approved and my card should be in next week ). I have the following equipment XD40SC in a crossbreed supertuck that I cut for easier draw. I also have a streamlight scorpion and an extra 12rd mag. My question is what am I missing that you guys and gals would add to your EDC...
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

OC spray. Having a non-lethal means of defense is an advisable option.

PS. Nice gun, I have the same one. Bought it a few weeks ago at a gun show. I've only put 50 rounds through it due to so much snow on the ground. Can't wait to get out with it more if it ever melts.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by xd40conceal View Post
    I'm form North Carolina and will be new to CC ( I'm approved and my card should be in next week ). I have the following equipment XD40SC in a crossbreed supertuck that I cut for easier draw. I also have a streamlight scorpion and an extra 12rd mag. My question is what am I missing that you guys and gals would add to your EDC...
    It's very much personal preference but I would add a good folding knife and some OC spray depending on your situation. I also EDC a pocket multi tool.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

You got to have a knife for sure.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard. That's a great looking rig you have there. Stick to what you're comfortable/trained with. I'm not a knife-type. Although I have evolved to carrying a BUG on most occasions. Primary is G19 or G30 and BUG is either 637 or LCP.

VIP Member
    OC spray, a quality folding knife and a cell phone, not necessarily in that order. Remember, any time you have to defend yourself you want to be able to contact the police ASAP.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As far as a knife goes I'm not sure how most people feel but for me a knife is primairly a tool first and only a weapon as a last resort. If a attacker has got close enough to me that my knife is a viable weapon that I have majorly screwed up at some point.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

What kind of OC spray and knife would make for good EDC.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

XD40sc, FEG PJK 9mm, S&W 410 .40
    Ruger 44mag

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    As far as a knife goes I'm not sure how most people feel but for me a knife is primairly a tool first and only a weapon as a last resort. If a attacker has got close enough to me that my knife is a viable weapon that I have majorly screwed up at some point.
    Me too . A knife means that my primary and BUG have failed me at that point.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Check your state laws for what type of knife is legal to carry while you CC.
    Definately a cell phone, a multi-tool and OC spray are nice to have as well.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

1 - cell phone

2 - a good folding knife

3 - a wallet

4 - an impact weapon, unless you can use your torch as one

i used to carry OC spray, but i do it less and less these days. i just don't trust it to do the job of stopping a threat, as much as i trust a strike, a cut, or a bullet. i mainly carry it for stray dogs, when i walk my dog. if you do decide to get OC spray, get Fox Labs Mean Green. i bought a can for my ex, and tried it on myself to see if it's work; man, that stuff is horrible. it might not stop some psycho, but it'll sure make him think. it definitely took the fight out of me, for at least 20 minutes.

Honestly there are a bajillion knives out there for EDC, I personally carry a Amazon.com: Columbia River Knife and Tool's M16-12Z Zytel Serrated Edge Tanto Blade Knife: Home Improvement. I don't like expensive knives because I use my knives a LOT and tend to abuse them.

My OC spray of choice is
    Pocket Self Defense Spray Unit 0.75 oz with Clip - Security Equipment Corporation

I like stuff with pocket clips.

Thanks that gives me something to think about. I have a cell but used it to take pics so its not in them, I also carry money clip instead of wallet but I will be looking into a knife and some OC spray.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

XD40sc, FEG PJK 9mm, S&W 410 .40
    Ruger 44mag

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I've been carrying pocket knives (I put my Buck 710 folding lockblade in that category) since I was a kid...and have never really thought of them as weapons. In this day and age, I'm preparing for the worst (a BG with a gun), and hoping for the best (not getting into a situation where I need SD). With that in mind, I don't really consider a knife as a viable SD option although I carry one all of the time...the whole, "don't bring a knife to a gunfight" thing. At least OC spray still affords you some distance. No knock on folks who do...good to have options available to you.

Thanks that gives me something to think about. I have a cell but used it to take pics so its not in them, I also carry money clip instead of wallet but I will be looking into a knife and some OC spray.
    I started carrying a slim clip (money clip and credit card holder) in my front pocket...beside my pocket-holstered sub compact slim 9mm. The best thing I ever did for my back was get that bulky wallet out of my back pocket. It also doesn't get stuffed with things you really don't need.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links