Ohio Record Number of Concealed Permits

Ohio Record Number of Concealed Permits

This is a discussion on Ohio Record Number of Concealed Permits within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was suprised to see a front page article in the Dayton Daily News on Ohio concealed carry licenses today that was not totally negative! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Ohio Record Number of Concealed Permits

I was suprised to see a front page article in the Dayton Daily News on Ohio concealed carry licenses today that was not totally negative!
    Here is a link to the online version:

Ohio hits record for concealed handgun licenses

More and more people are tired of being preyed upon and are turning to arming themselves for defense. I hope the trend continues.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

It is happening all over the country, and you can bet it will accelerate again if these poor economic conditions continue to get worse.

Many good families are in desperate straights and will do many unthinkable things to feed their children.

Be sure to vote in November to get rid of some more of the anti-gun progressive politicians.

Good News.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

..."If there's something to take away from these numbers, it is that more and more Ohioans are comfortable exercising their right to carry concealed handguns..."

Congrats OHIO...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A similar story was on the front page up here in Akron area as well.

Ohio.com - Heat is on for Ohio gun permits

The Sheriffs are saying that it has not decreased crime.

''I'm not sure that there was much of an impact on the decrease in crimes, per se,'' he said. ''But I do think that people are feeling more insecure. At least that's what I'm hearing on the street.''
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post
    A similar story was on the front page up here in Akron area as well.

Ohio.com - Heat is on for Ohio gun permits

But it hasn't increased either. And that's what the naysayers ALWAYS say will happen.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

wpk
    Quote Originally Posted by dsee11789 View Post

Of course it hasn't decreased crime. We're not cops. I don't go out looking for bad guys, and I doubt many others do either. I'm from Akron also, there's no way our local rag will ever actually promote something like ccw.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Quote Originally Posted by wpk View Post
    Of course it hasn't decreased crime. We're not cops. I don't go out looking for bad guys, and I doubt many others do either. I'm from Akron also, there's no way our local rag will every actually promote something like ccw.
    I lived in Kent and read the "Akron Reakin' Urinal" for 16 years before moving to SW Ohio back in the late seventies. Seems like it hasn't changed much from what you say.

I was surprised the Dayton paper was at least more or less neutral in their article. Usually they have been big advocates of Mike Peters and his anti-NRA and anti-gun editorial "cartoons". I've read a couple of at least "not-anti" if not exactly "pro gun" articles in the past month or so. Maybe, I hope, their editorial policy is slowly coming around. Come to think about it, I haven't seen a Mike Peters cartoon about guns, rednecks, and the NRA for several months! (I hope I didn't just jinks things.)
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Of course it hasn't decreased crime. We're not cops. I don't go out looking for bad guys, and I doubt many others do either. I'm from Akron also, there's no way our local rag will every actually promote something like ccw.
    You're misunderstanding.

The simple fact that CCW exists could theoretically decrease crime because it could cause criminals to think twice before mugging someone or invading a home.

In the same way a criminal is more likely to rob a Gun Free Zone.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

wpk
    I do understand the theory of how CCW can deter criminals from attacking. I'm not sure about criminals in other cities, but it doesn't seem to deter around here, our criminals are very brazen and robberies/invasions occur all the time. The deterrence might help if more positive stories would appear in our media, but anytime a citizen does defend himself our lovely newsrag paints them in a negative light.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Thank you, than you very much, glad that my gun buddy and I could add a couple of numbers to this statistic that makes the Bloomturd Herd and Brady Bunch whine about new Ohio CCW licenses in 2009.

Good news, I would like to know if this is the trend all over the USA?
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Good news, I would like to know if this is the trend all over the USA?
    I'll bet it's more widespread that the media will ever let on. If the crime rates soared they would credit it to the rise in gun ownership though.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

GM
    I like that
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Dirtbags read newspapers?

I do understand the theory of how CCW can deter criminals from attacking. I'm not sure about criminals in other cities, but it doesn't seem to deter around here, our criminals are very brazen and robberies/invasions occur all the time. The deterrence might help if more positive stories would appear in our media, but anytime a citizen does defend himself our lovely newsrag paints them in a negative light.
    WPK:

How many dirtbags read the newspaper?

I'd be surprised if any even considered it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links