Obama gives Interpol rights to arrest w/o due process

This is a discussion on Obama gives Interpol rights to arrest w/o due process within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Obama gives Interpol free hand in U.S. | Washington Examiner I could not believe this when I saw it, why is one screaming and jumping ...

Thread: Obama gives Interpol rights to arrest w/o due process

Obama gives Interpol rights to arrest w/o due process

Obama gives Interpol free hand in U.S. | Washington Examiner

I could not believe this when I saw it, why is one screaming and jumping up and down....

"There are multiple reasons why this Obama decision is so deeply disturbing. First, the Obama order reverses a 1983 Reagan administration decision in order to grant Interpol, the International Criminal Police Organization, two key privileges. First, Obama has granted Interpol the ability to operate within the territorial limits of the United States without being subject to the same constitutional restraints that apply to all domestic law enforcement agencies such as the FBI. Second, Obama has exempted Interpol's domestic facilities -- including its office within the U.S. Department of Justice -- from search and seizure by U.S. authorities and from disclosure of archived documents in response to Freedom of Information Act requests filed by U.S. citizens. Think very carefully about what you just read: Obama has given an international law enforcement organization that is accountable to no other national authority the ability to operate as it pleases within our own borders, and he has freed it from the most basic measure of official transparency and accountability, the FOIA."
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

2. Remove Ads

Im speechless...
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

IBTL
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

I can't post what I feel
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

First, take a look at the date which the editorial was published... this isn't breaking news. There is an article in a recent issue of NRA's "America's 1st Freedom" magazine, debunking the hype and panic of the Executive Order.

Second, the thread title is flat out wrong. The EO has authorized Interpol to conduct investigations within the US, but they have NOT been given powers of arrest. As for immunity, Obama simply continued Interpol's existing immunity protections.

Quick! Hang the lantern... the Red Coats are coming!

It seems like a legitimate problem remains. I don't like the idea that an international organization operating in the United States is immune from Congressonal inquiry. INTERPOL can and does issue requests for arrests in the United States. These warrants are pursued by local, state, and federal poblice departments. It sure would be nice to have access to the records that precipitated the arrest. As stated, there are 180+ member countries. If Mexico requests an arrest, be afraid, be very afraid. The local law enforcement agency won't have access to the records precipitating the INTERPOL request for arrest, and in Mexico they have a different attitude. You are guilty until proven innocent. It sure would be nice to have some sort of review before being extradited to Mexico. I'm just saying, not all of the member countries of Interpol afford citizens the same legal protections, or require the same burden of proof to issue a warrant, or find someone guilty. Scary stuff...very scary stuff.

Senior Moderator
    It sucks. It is political though and thus closed.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links