Article from the Huntsville-Times against workplace gun legislation - Page 2

Article from the Huntsville-Times against workplace gun legislation

This is a discussion on Article from the Huntsville-Times against workplace gun legislation within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I consider myself fortunate. I run my own business from home and as the boss I set the rules. One of them is to be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article from the Huntsville-Times against workplace gun legislation

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I consider myself fortunate. I run my own business from home and as the boss I set the rules. One of them is to be armed at all times.
    Occasionally part of my job involves shipping items via USPS and I am required by law to not carry in the post office. I park in a nearby municipal parking lot, disarm and secure my firearm in a safe, while I conduct my business at the Post Office. As soon as I am finished and back in my vehicle I immediately re-arm.
    Who are you and what do you think gives you the right to say I shouldn't be allowed to lawfully protect myself? Any law abiding citizen should be allowed to legally carry his or her own firearm in their vehicle.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

The main problem is all the anti-gun laws in the world only affect law abiding citizens. No matter what the law say's the bad guys will carry anywhere they want.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Studies show that approximately 25 percent of gun-related crimes involve stolen weapons. And that 25 to 30 percent of stolen weapons are from vehicle break-ins.

There was another short story in our paper that ran last summer. A Mobile police officer named Brandon Sigler was shot and killed. Richard Hollingsworth shot him with a weapon that had been stolen from a deputy's car.
    #1 So according to "studies" 25% is equal to 1 out of 4 crimes involve stolen weapons (not guns specifically). 25-30% is stolen from a vehicle so 2.5-3 out of 10 instances. So it reasons to think that about 6% of weapons used in crimes are stolen from vehicles. By law the definition of weapon isn't exclusive to guns. So it would reason that you must get rid of everything that could be used as a weapon from your car including tire iron, spare tire, jack, keys, floor mats, seat covers, and Mcdonalds plasticware.

#2 I don't understand what a gun stolen from a police car has anything to do with employees locking guns in their cars. Police rarely lock their cars for traffic stops or pit stops. Most people (even criminals) arn't stupid enough to break into a police car.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

New Member Array CW2 Ralph Long's Avatar
    Fellow Sheepdogs,

I am a retired police lieutenant from a middle-size P.D. near Birmingham and serve for a while as a state parole officer. I carry everyday, even to church. You can't count on the police to protect you. Constitutionally, it's not their job. When you're bored, read the majority opinion in the horror stories of Town of Castle Rock, CO. v. Gonzales (2005) and Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181). The police have no enforceable legal duty to protect you, even if a judge has issued an order telling them to (Gonzales).

There are always risks in life. There's a greater risk that one will fall victim to a violent crime with his gun at home than if it is nearby at work and available when travelling. Residential burglars almost always steal from homes between 0900 and 1500...... because that when we're normally gone to school, the store and work. Crooks can steal your gun from anyplace; so carry all the time and lock it in a 500 lb. safe or the trunk of your car if for some reason you can't keep it on you. The only time I leave a gun locked in my car is when the car is locked in the garage. Before I leave I check its status and make sure I can reach it if I need it. I won't be disarmed and won't do it to another law abiding citizen.

"The only time you'll find a police officer when you desperately need one is when you desperately need a speeding ticket." Anonymous Cop

RDL

Man, reading posts like this makes me so glad my boss is 2A friendly.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

In my opinion, the Huntsville Times is not worth reading.

And as to stop these killings, we just need to pass a law that makes it illegal to murder someone.........Oh wait, we did that already didn't we?
    NRA life member.

Typical liberal knee jerk reaction after the UAH shooting. Keep your laws off my guns!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links