Clothing sizes

Clothing sizes

This is a discussion on Clothing sizes within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I go from an OWB holster to an IWB, how much more waistband size on my pants am I going to need with a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clothing sizes

Clothing sizes

If I go from an OWB holster to an IWB, how much more waistband size on my pants am I going to need with a full size .45?

It would be nice if someone made a convertible waistband so I don't have to have two sets of pants.

Az

Usually about one size up.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Unless you wear an extremely tight waist in your trousers you should be OK. Especially if you have a 1911 as they are pretty slender all and all,good luck!
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

When I use IWB/SOB my waist size still works because the gun is tucked in the curve of the back (against the kidney)...very comfortable.

With just plain IWB, you'll need an extra inch or two in your pants and belt.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wear normal fitting pants without a IWB holster. Loose, but comfortalbe. I always wear a belt. Throw in my holster and its just fine. Nice and comfortable.

One size up is much more comfortable for me.

For single stack pistols I haven't seen the need to go up a size.

one size up when carrying handgun iwb, 2 sizes up when carrying handgun, sf g2, and spare mag iwb

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I wear a 34 inch waist and have enough room for a 1911 and a Glock. But I have to wear pants one size big because of the size of my thighs.

These are the same jeans I'd wear with no gun, a gun OWB, or a gun IWB.

The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    When You get Your IWB holster go to the store and get a few pants and go to the dressing room and try them on with Gun+Holster.

5.11 Tactical Pants has a elastic part to the internal part of the waist band. Style # 74269. Good pants with lots of pockets. (8).

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    If I go from an OWB holster to an IWB, how much more waistband size on my pants am I going to need with a full size .45?

It would be nice if someone made a convertible waistband so I don't have to have two sets of pants.

Az
    for me if I normally wear say a 34 id get a 36 a 32 id get a 34 for cc I tend to wear stuff a little baggy anyways. It depends though you know how clothes go some pairs you can get in like 33's or 31's or 35's some you cant. I just figured that if I was 33 and got a 35 that would allow for a bit of "room" since i wearing a belt anyways.

They make adjustable waist size pants:

Link
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy W. View Post
    They make adjustable waist size pants:

Link
    On trips, I wear Wrinkle Free Pants & Wrinkle Free Clothes - TravelSmith

They adjust up to four inches and have zippered pockets for security -- one rear pocket with a with zipper inside the flap closure. Someone might mug you, but I don't think they will pick your pocket.

Disclosure: the only financial involvement I have in this company is the repeat customer $ spent there.

Re: the OP I make the same pants work IWB & OWB carrying a Sig 220 -- by wearing my everyday jeans a tad larger. My belt is about one hole different.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Unless you wear an extremely tight waist in your trousers you should be OK. Especially if you have a 1911 as they are pretty slender all and all,good luck!
    Well said. I wear 34 waist jeans and I bought a couple pair of 36s and they were too big. Obviously you should just try the pants you already have and if they’re too tight IWB go up a size.

I generally buy size 33 waist pants. They work well for when Im carrying IWB or OWB. I don't like my pants tight. I could probably wear a 32 if I wanted but don't see the point.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links