Defensive Carry banner

Took my class yesterday

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  bwhunter65 
#1 ·
IMHO the class was excellent. Two thumbs up for Mr Baker at "The Armory". I'm going to visit the sheriff in the morning and then it's the waiting game. :danceban:

#4 ·
Soon...MO will be a little safer!:yup:
Hang in there...the permit will be in your hands in no time.:hand10:

#5 ·
My county sheriff likes to drag his feet and wait the max time before issuance so where others are getting permits in two weeks my county gets to wait 45 days (I might have to remind them it's an election year) anyway I'm just glad I'm that much closer.

#7 ·
Hey Y'all: Just some questions. In SC, I found the instruction to be excellent. If anything I took the CCWP course more for the instruction then for the permit itself, although I do use it. 1) I did find, however, the shooting test to be a bit ridiculous in that my CCWP does not define a specific firearm so I took the test with a 22 and not the 380 or 38 that I would normally CC with---is that the case in other states?--I would think it is. 2) The written test is one of those tests that you have to have a bit of a loose lug nut floating around in your brain to flunk--its akin to having a true/false question that asks you "is it correct for you to see if your gun is loaded by looking in the barrel and pulling the trigger?" As I said, the instruction was fantastic--firearm handling (particularly at the firing range) , firearm safety, different firearm mechanisms, understanding the CC laws in SC, etc, and taught by an experience no nonsense deputy sheriff, but the bottom line for obtaining the permit rested on the ease of shooting an easy 22 at easy distances (actually in line with statistical defensive-reality distances) and a 40-50 question quiz where the majority of the questions were, to some extent, questions about CC and firearms, but mostly about ability to read.

#11 ·
Congratulations. Now the wait begings. It is like waiting for Christmas to come when you are a little kid. Seems like it takes forever.:wave:
But when it finally arrives, it is GREAT!:yup:

#13 ·
Well I was pleasantly suprised today. Not only did they say 3 weeks maybe two but the fee went down.

Adaman04, I've been getting my rig broke in for a while now.

Kelcarry here you can qualify with any handgun. There were several in my class that qualified with Ruger MKII's. Also there is no written test.

Thanks for the encouragement all. Keep an eye out for my wally world walk thread!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.