North Texas Irish Festival, Fair Park, Dallas....Can you CCW there?

This is a discussion on North Texas Irish Festival, Fair Park, Dallas....Can you CCW there? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am planning on going to the North Texas Irish Festival this coming weekend at Fair Park in Dallas. I have tried to research this ...

Thread: North Texas Irish Festival, Fair Park, Dallas....Can you CCW there?

North Texas Irish Festival, Fair Park, Dallas....Can you CCW there?

I am planning on going to the North Texas Irish Festival this coming weekend at Fair Park in Dallas. I have tried to research this question but could not find a definitive answer. Can someone help me out?

Also, where would be the nearest safe place to stay coming from teh east? I hear the area around Fair Park is rough.

2. Remove Ads

The Embassy Suites in Dallas is a nice place to stay. ive been there several times and its not in a bad area. As far as carrying goes, i have not seen anything on their website that suggests they dont allow it.

Fair park IS rough. Technically, accordinging to State definition of a park or carnival, the fair-grounds arent open enough days to qualify as such. NTIF has a sign that says no guns buts its not a 30.06 sign so its not legally binding.

If you've never been before, Friday night is slow but Saturday and Sunday is fun, lots of bands including Needfire are playing. About 48k people attend it each year.

Coming from the east, someone off of 30,towards Mesquite or Garland should be good. Where 30 crosses 635 maybe? Thats about 20 minutes away.

Normally I tell people to find me and say hello but since its NTIF I cant say "find the guy in the kilt" This is my first year of not selling kilts there.

On a side note, go visit the Caledonian Kitchen and try a sample of Haggis, best food you'll ever have.

Alex!
    My other Kahr is a Kimber.

You can carry there, unless they throw up a proper 30.06 sign. I grew up around there and wouldn't go without carrying.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Thanks for the info.

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Specularius View Post
    I am planning on going to the North Texas Irish Festival this coming weekend at Fair Park in Dallas. I I hear the area around Fair Park is rough.
    I've been to the Irish Fest many a year. Employ situational awareness and you'll be OK. Too many Guinness's though, and that all goes out the proverbial door. :) And yep... I'll be there.
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

Quote Originally Posted by Ride4TheBrand View Post
    I've been to the Irish Fest many a year. Employ situational awareness and you'll be OK. Too many Guinness's though, and that all goes out the proverbial door. :) And yep... I'll be there.

Yup, eyes and ears open. Insdie the festival I dont think you have much to worry about, its the walk from the festival to your car that can be a bit worrisome. Not that things cant happen anywhere but I think you catch my meaning. Once your away from the crowds keep your eyes open. Lots of bad neighborhoods around there.

Alex!

Found this thread in a google search for this very issue. The NTIF site makes no mention of 30.06 in the FAQ specifically about guns and knives.

I took my CHL class in town. The way it was presented to me - The State Fair of Texas does NOT post 30.06. When entering there are metal detectors. A CHL holder must find the Police Officer supervising the gate and introduce himself and asked to be permitted through by means of the wand rather than the doorway type detector. So a CHL'ee can carry, but you have to leave your pocket knife in the car.

Now I have NOT tried this, but, being licensed in the same town by instructors who live in the same town, I'll carry my Glock 22 in my Crossbreed SuperTuck Deluxe with confidence that I won't have to put it back in my truck.

I spent a day at Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie last summer. They actually post the 30.06 on their web site. I would guess the NTIF would be good enough to do the same if they chose.

Now my dilema,.. do I just leave the gun at home altogether so as to enjoy a few extra pints?

We're going today and I will have a CC. Btw, I just finished reading the Suzanna Gratia Hupp book on Lubby's Cafe in Killeen. If there is a 30.06 sign, I will not attend the fair.

Edit: There were not any 30.06 signs or any other similar signs.
    Last edited by Butler; March 6th, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

No wands even at the gates today or yesterday! Strap on your kilt and your gun and have a good, safe time!

Alex!

I was there Saturday. There was a sign at the gate I entered that said no guns, knives, or swords. There was not a 30.06 sign posted. I carried with no incident. I enjoyed the festivities.

Links