constantly forgetting my wallet

This is a discussion on constantly forgetting my wallet within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am working on a cellphonegunholsterwallet with the optional key ring attachment sold seperatly. LOL...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: constantly forgetting my wallet

I am working on a cellphonegunholsterwallet with the optional key ring attachment sold seperatly. LOL

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bdog11 View Post
    I am working on a cellphonegunholsterwallet with the optional key ring attachment sold seperatly. LOL
    I better order two as I will most likely forget one at home
    Μολὼν λαβέ G19 G36

Train yourself(habit forming) to not take your wallet/keys/whatever out of your pants pockets when you get home for the day. When it's time to crash for the night switch the gear to the new set of pants for the next day.

This is a good habit to form and can extend it further to learn to keep that pre-prepped set of clothes along with shoes etc... ready to go in the same place(like at the corner of the bed or a stand at the end or something) in your room each night. This allows you to hop right out of bed in the middle of the night and be ready to roll on a moments notice.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Oooooooh CougarGirl wish I'd had the money to come see you and the family Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    A pat down before you leave the house always works for me.
    Top of my head, glasses-check, right hip, firearm-check, right rear pocket, wallet-check left rear pocket, knife and lighter-check, left hip, cell phone-check, jacket pocket, right side, keys-check.
    Anything missing, I just go back and find when I left it.
    As I get dressed every morning, I follow the same routine. Start at the bottom and work up. Socks, undies, pants, belt, holster, wallet, firearm, knife, lighter, then and only then, the bra and shirt. Bra and shirt never ever go on until the firearm is holstered. That way I know is I'm topless, I forgot the firearm. Not much chance of that happening.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

I am still finding it hard to wrap my head around any man over the age of eighteen who could leave his abode with his wallet.

I must admit, it did happen to me one time in the last decade or so. I noticed it within two blocks of the house, turned around and went to retrieve it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    I am still finding it hard to wrap my head around any man over the age of eighteen who could leave his abode with his wallet.

I must admit, it did happen to me one time in the last decade or so. I noticed it within two blocks of the house, turned around and went to retrieve it.
    OoooKay :-)
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    thats a real problem...i cant imagine leaving the house without my wallet....if i am walking the dog i have my wallet with me...mainly because i'm armed...but its with me nonetheless...

duct tape it to your chest hair...thatll make it hard to lose...

Top of my head, glasses-check, right hip, firearm-check, right rear pocket, wallet-check left rear pocket, knife and lighter-check, left hip, cell phone-check, jacket pocket, right side, keys-check.
    As I get dressed every morning, I follow the same routine. Start at the bottom and work up. Socks, undies, pants, belt, holster, wallet, firearm, knife, lighter, then and only then, the bra and shirt. Bra and shirt never ever go on until the firearm is holstered. That way I know is I'm topless, I forgot the firearm. Not much chance of that happening.
    Same here.

You've got to have a checklist as if you were a pilot about to fly a airplane.

Except for the bra part. I don't need it.

I like the basket idea, gun, holster, wallet, keys. Of course I went and made it harder on myself I guess, I still use my fbi style folder case for my CPL and DL/Proof of Ins etc. Plus a fat wallet which I am determined to UNfat!
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA

How about something as simple as a sticky note or colored rubber band on the gun when you put it to bed at nite? Or do you carry several different guns? You can still put colored rubber bands on the grips of any as you put them away.

I have trained myself...dilligently, to now take my purse all the way back to the bedroom when I come home, rather than tossing it on the table in the dining area. Not only is it a visible temptation to an intruder there, it has my (one and only) gun. And I can be cut off from it there.

So now it immediately gets taken all the way back to the bedroom and the gun is removed and placed on the nightstand shelf where it lives at all times when I am home....in my saferoom/bedroom....ready if needed.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    My girlfriend got me a basket so I can just put all of my stuff in it from my pockets when I get home. And when I leave I just empty the basket. So far it works, but my problem wasn't forgetting my wallet, more like losing my keys all the time.
    I like this idea, or the drawer. As I mentioned, I now 'unload' in my bedroom, on a vanity that I use specifically for that purpose and keep everything together....so that when I switch purses, all the stuff is in one place and easily transferred.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    That could be bad. "Here's my permit, officer! *reaches for gun*"
    No, not attached to the gun/holster, but rather beside where it is stored for the night. That way it is right there when arming, it can be pocketed at the same time.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    My wallet and cell is always right next to my car keys. Its kinda hard to forget 'em that way.
    I have my CCW, Wallet, Badge/ID, keys, all next to each other on the night stand. I pick one up they are all right there. Then I do a pat down....wallet one pocket, ID other pocket, gun in holster, watch on wrist, knife clipped to front pocket. Makes it simple.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Administrator
    PA -
    You are required to have your license with you AKA "on your person" whenever you are carrying concealed in PA.

If you forget your PA LTCC you could just uncover your firearm and carry it OPEN.

The very best thing to do though is to just not forget your wallet.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I have a coworker who is my gym partner, and she told me that one day she was coming back out of the locker room and as she was changing back to her work clothes, she put her shoes and her socks on and was walking away from her locker when she realized she wasn't wearing any pants.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links