If I only had a gun....

If I only had a gun....

This is a discussion on If I only had a gun.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had hijacked another thread and think this needs one to itself it is about a year old program that was on ABC Primetime, if ...

Thread: If I only had a gun....

If I only had a gun....

I had hijacked another thread and think this needs one to itself it is about a year old program that was on ABC Primetime, if it has been beat to death here before then mods feel free to remove it. It is VERY biased and some things they dont consider.

* they do not consider the deterrent of criminals knowing someone might have a gun in this class.

* the students are wearing real long t-shirts, very hard to draw

* the police officer knows right were the cc holder is sitting in the class

* the other students are in on it. and head the same direction making easier for the cop to single out the cc holder

* It does not address the fact that the gunman facing a threat has to focus on that threat allowing other students to escape.

* it does not mention what most cowards that do mass shootings do when they are confronted with a weapon (kill their self)

any more yall can think of???? here is the link......watch and FUME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MX3QtumSuE
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I saw that and I had a few problems with it.

#1 the CCW stood there impersonating a B-27 instead of moving or seeking cover while drawing.

#2 It didn't take into acount an armed person walking by the classroom hearing the shots and coming to help.

#3 The BG knew the only threat would be in the class, and knew there would only be one threat (IIRC).

#4 Also the BG was a cop that was trained to look for someone drawing a gun.
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

Your right, it's been beat to death. I personally don't care if the media and antis make ridiculous claims, charges and statements. I know what is right and so do the vast majority of Americans. Witness the surging tide of favorable gun legislation. Wonder what the idiots will say when the SCOTUS blows up Chicago's unconstitutional anti gun laws. That will be the beginning of the end of onerous anti 2A laws in NY, Wis, Ill and a few other places.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

newbies here might not have seen it. but your right we have the momentum.....but all could change fast (pray for our SCOTUS Justices health Obama has appointed enough.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The other thing was, ABC's "experienced" student with a gun? His experience? "Uh, I play a lot of airsoft games..."

Really? They couldn't find someone who'd at least fired a real gun?

This story is older than dirt when ABC first ran it their website was inundated W/ so many rebuttals it crashed. That said, they do occasionally drag it back up and use video bits as background to other stories

GM
    The story is nothing new; and it is just ridiculous.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Anyone who believes that "experiment" is real or true-to-life, needs to shot in the privet parts with one of those simunition rounds. This is just simple stupid anit-firearm propaganda and should not be taken seriously by anyone.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    soooo.... lemmi get this straight... police train students for a few hours and expect them to come out on top of an absolute no win scenario? Sounds like a fun time but doesn't prove a dang thing.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    soooo.... lemmi get this straight... police train students for a few hours and expect them to come out on top of an absolute no win scenario? Sounds like a fun time but doesn't prove a dang thing.
    all staged and I know this because each time the BGs walks into the room all three "trained students" do the EXACT SAME THING...

along with the rest of the class which if I do remember during Virginia Tech part of the clip, the students couldn't all just run out of the class they had to "break a window and jump out."

While students in a REAL scenario the gunman would not let students leave, and the students would be pooping their pants in their seats. This would allow for the CCWer to draw while sit out of sight, then bang bang when the BG's attention is distracted.

BIAS NEWS MEDIA that's why i don't watch the news...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    The other thing was, ABC's "experienced" student with a gun? His experience? "Uh, I play a lot of airsoft games..."

Really? They couldn't find someone who'd at least fired a real gun?
    These dummies at the networks have NO credibility when it come to these unbisased excercises in futi-stupidity, (remember the Chevy Pickup truck) gas tank staged Explosions that were not supposed to be staged?
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Sponsored Links