Need advice on concealing a glock 30 - Page 2

Need advice on concealing a glock 30

This is a discussion on Need advice on concealing a glock 30 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It gets really hot and humid here in Texas so while i would do owb sometimes i just dont want to throw on an extra ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on concealing a glock 30

It gets really hot and humid here in Texas so while i would do owb sometimes i just dont want to throw on an extra layer...
    It gets hot and humid here in Florida also, and that's one of the reasons I carry OWB. I use a BLACKHAWK Serpa concealment holster with an untucked button-up shirt, which I believe is what you said you were wearing anyway.

Now if you prefer IWB, you've already gotten a lot of great advice.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

jon
    I am 5'6" 140lbs.
    Carry my G-30 in a Crossbreed.
    Very comfortable for a double-stack .45
    My own girlfriend can't tell when I'm carrying it.

I carry in a Crossbreed too at about 5:00. Love it because it is tuckable, adjustable, affordable, and unbeatable in my situation. Holds the G30 securely exactly the way I feel safest. That is very important to me. I need it snug enough to "feel it" when I want to.

And its true what a lot of folks say; you'll forget its there at times.
    "No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation" General Douglas MacArthur

Glock 30, S&W model 29-2 44 magnum, Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 magnum, S&W 38 special airweight, NAA 22 mag, PF9, and 1 patriotic wife with her CC permit.

I don't understand the complaint of the Kydex against your skin. The leather should be against your skin, the kydex should be facing out.

I always wear a CoolMax undershirt coolclothingusa.com and it wicks away the moisture without letting the leather get wet. The leather is against the CoolMax undershirt. They also make CoolMax short and longsleeve outershirts
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Lots of gret advice...For those who carry the smart carry do you carry +1...i dont feel with a glock it is unsafe but im sure others have different opinions

Always carry with one in the chamber. And the Supertuck is a GREAT choice.

Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK 9mm (EDC)
    MR Micro Desert Eagle .380 acp (BUG)
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)
    Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12ga (HD)
    WASR 10/63 AK-47 7.62x39 (SHTF)

I carry a 30 with an MTAC and similiar build as the OP. 155lb and 5'9". My shirts are fairly form fitting and sometimes it's a little hard to not get some printing. I don't care so much if the grip shows a little. I find that my crimson trace grip shows more then the grip sometimes.

I carry my G30 in a Gould & Goodrich B801 OWB holster at the 4:00 position. It's not as high quality as some of the Don Hume, Blackhawk or MTAC holsters but it works for me. I just make sure to tighten the screws on it every now and again.

I'm 6'0, 240lbs and I wear Dickies and untucked tee shirts or sweatshirts year round and never have a problem keeping my G30 concealed.
    You won't need to get ready if you STAY ready!

Always carry one in the chamber no matter how i carry. I treat my Glocks like a revolver it wont go off unless you pull the trigger. So with my smart carry i just have to be careful with scratching.....LOL
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

excellent well i bought a uncle mikes paddle holster for carrying around the house and while in my vehicle and if i win the ebay bid i should get the mtac and maybe a smart carry aswell if i need one...took my chl test today and scored 248 out of 250..glad to get that long day over with...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalvinist View Post
    Lots of gret advice...For those who carry the smart carry do you carry +1...i dont feel with a glock it is unsafe but im sure others have different opinions
    G26 with Crossbreed Super Tuck. And always one in the pipe. Just me though.
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Quote Originally Posted by cranesrule View Post
    Always carry with one in the chamber. And the Supertuck is a GREAT choice.

Just about the same set up except I have a G26 and the ST in Horsehide. Question?? See that you have the front/FWD clip a slot higher. The aft is from the factory. This looks to give you a more forward Kant. You like it?
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

My preference is a Smart Carry, but in a different way than most people might use it. I place the gun in the Smart Carry and then rotate the Smart Carry with the gun to just behind my right hip. I find that the Smart Carry holds the gun securely and that I can conceal it very well that way.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I carry my Glock-36 in this... FIST, INC. ...in fact, if you look at the hoslter with the Glock in it, that looks just like my holster. This OWB holster holds the gun as tight against the body as any IWB holster that I have, and it is just as easy to conceal (in FL heat). I just use print shirts and/or larger than normal T-shirts...no problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links