Need advice on concealing a glock 30

This is a discussion on Need advice on concealing a glock 30 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am a very skinny guy...5'10....140 pounds.. I take my chl class this weekend but i have been researching holsters. I bought an unlce mikes ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice on concealing a glock 30

I am a very skinny guy...5'10....140 pounds.. I take my chl class this weekend but i have been researching holsters. I bought an unlce mikes iwb just to put the gun in something and its pretty comfortable at 3:30 and if i wear a button up it will drape over it ok. I play around with the gun with no holster (unloaded of course) around the waist band to see where a good spot would be. It gets really hot and humid here in Texas so while i would do owb sometimes i just dont want to throw on an extra layer... Now i havent actually concealed carried yet but i can see from just walking around the house that these problems occur. Im also thinking of buying a nine rd mag to help with the issue. i want something to press into me but the problem is there isnt much to press into get my drift...any thought on the smart carry??

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalvinist View Post
    I am a very skinny guy...5'10....140 pounds.. I take my chl class this weekend but i have been researching holsters. I bought an unlce mikes iwb just to put the gun in something and its pretty comfortable at 3:30 and if i wear a button up it will drape over it ok. I play around with the gun with no holster (unloaded of course) around the waist band to see where a good spot would be. It gets really hot and humid here in Texas so while i would do owb sometimes i just dont want to throw on an extra layer... Now i havent actually concealed carried yet but i can see from just walking around the house that these problems occur. Im also thinking of buying a nine rd mag to help with the issue. i want something to press into me but the problem is there isnt much to press into get my drift...any thought on the smart carry??
    For me personally I don't find double stack pistols to comfortable to carry in a belly band type system. Your mileage may very though. I would reccomend a

SuperTuck Deluxe

Greatest IWB holster ever made.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Ive been debating beteween that and a mtac...but the supertuck looks wider therefore distributing the weight even more...can verify it but how wide is the supertuck

Ive been debating beteween that and a mtac...but the supertuck looks wider therefore distributing the weight even more...can verify it but how wide is the supertuck
    I don't have mine on me atm (at work so pistol is riding in my maxpedition gear slinger) but I'm sure you could call mark over at corss breed and he could tell you the exact width.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    The MTAC is plenty stable...the clips are far enough apart. The MTAC clips are also much more discrete.

I have a MiniTuck on order so I certainly am not going to tell you that the MTAC blows away Crossbreed, I just think that the MTAC is undervalued in comparison. Both the MTAC and the Supertuck seem to be great holsters.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    The MTAC is plenty stable...the clips are far enough apart. The MTAC clips are also much more discrete.

I have a MiniTuck on order so I certainly am not going to tell you that the MTAC blows away Crossbreed, I just think that the MTAC is undervalued in comparison. Both the MTAC and the Supertuck seem to be great holsters.
    any thoughts on the ctac...since i dont have a gut i dont think it will dig into my side

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    any thoughts on the ctac...since i dont have a gut i dont think it will dig into my side
    I don't have one, so I can't really say.

Plus, I DO have a gut so digging is an issue
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I carry my 30 when in a smart carry due to the double stack its really the only option when i want co carry it. otherwise i carry my 36 in a supertuck at about 3 to 4 oclock.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I have a CTAC and its not the digging its the kydex that may bother you... I have added a pad on the kydex to help. The MTAC would be more comfortable, the CTAC is more concealable.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger View Post
    I carry my 30 when in a smart carry due to the double stack its really the only option when i want co carry it. otherwise i carry my 36 in a supertuck at about 3 to 4 oclock.
    how do you like the SmartCarry?

I have the same gun and I'm about your same size(5'10", 160) I carry mine in an MTAC, and It disappears under an un-tucked button up shirt. I tried the Ctac, and I just couldnt get used to it. The bottom of the clips dug into my side pretty bad whenever I was sitting down and the Kydex wasn't really a "good" felling against the skin. The Mtac is great, and its very comfortable.

ETA: I usually carry mine at about 4-430, and a good gun belt will make all the difference in getting a comfortable fit. I would highly reccommend the Wilderness Instructor 5-stitch, its plentystiff enough for the weight of the G30.

I am the same size as you and I have no problem concealing my G30. I use an AKJ Concealco holster. AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather. It really sucks the pistol into you. I find it very easy to conceal with a 10 round mag at the 3:00 position. I'd stay away from the CTAC. I have one for an HK USP Compact and in order to get the cant right I have to really adjust the clips. I then find that the clips dig into me too much and gets uncomfortable after awhile. On the other hand the AKJ is so comforatable I forget I'm wearing my pistol even after 10-12 hours. I've even taken naps on the couch with it on it's that comfortable.

As an instructor I deal with new comers all the time. I hear these issues in every class. I recommend the Pure Kustom line of holsters. The reasons for this is simple. First, its two holsters in one, which saves you some money. Worn both IWB and OWB. IWB is fully adjustable with 27 different positions (patent pending!) to choose from in the Black Ops Pro. Secondly, not very many "noobs" think they can afford a custom leather (no kydex!) holster, but these prices, most can. Having a custom holster made especially for them and their firearm, other mass produced holsters are just that, mass produced. I like having things made for me! One of the most important reason I recommend this holster is also the quality. These holsters will last FOREVER! and being someone who is new to CC, this is extremely important. I abuse my holster and it still looks new. Look at my latest review with pictures. The most important reason I highly recommend these holster, and the one of the most important reasons everyone goes with Rocky and the Pure Kustom line of holsters isnt just his awesome customer service, but the fact that once you try one of his holsters, you wont want to take it off. Its that comfortable! I put mine on in the morning and dont take it off until its time to go to bed. All day, its on my hip. Most of the time, I forget it there.

These holsters are extremely hard for leather and hold the firearm nice and tight up against your body (worn with the proper belt). I am not much bigger than you at 5'9" 180lbs. I hide a full size XDm40 in a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro both IWB and OWB in form fitting cloths. Look at my review to see this.

Go with Pure Kustom, you wont be disappointed.

i want something to press into me but the problem is there isnt much to press into get my drift...any thought on the smart carry??
    I am really high on the SmartCarry as an outstanding way to carry concealed. My preference is the Security V which allows for carrying your choice of gun, an extra mag, and other stuff as well.

I have worn my SC with trousers, shorts, sweat pants, jeans, Dockers, etc. and the result (for me) has been a safe, secure, comfortable carry every time. Although I have the ubiquitous "holster box" I find that my EDC has evolved into the SmartCarry with a CZ PCR (compact 9mm) with one extra mag. FWIW!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

The Smart carry is great; can take a little pactice using the bathroom.
    Glock 36, 20, 30, 29, PX4 Storm SC 9mm, Colt Delta Elite, Colt Agent, Sig C3, Kimber CDP 2, Firestar 40

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth" - George Washington
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting... "have a gun." - Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links