Should have planned better

This is a discussion on Should have planned better within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally decided to get my CCW, but I didn't think everything out first. One issue I had was deciding between a Minotaur or Crossbreed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should have planned better

Should have planned better

I finally decided to get my CCW, but I didn't think everything out first. One issue I had was deciding between a Minotaur or Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB. Well I finally decided to go with the Supertuck for my G19, but the bad news is I have to wait 2-3 weeks before it arrives. So I'm sitting here ready to go, but I don't have a holster for carrying. If I had it to do over again, I'd already had my holster ordered.

I thought the wait for the license was bad.....shoot the wait for the holster is even tougher.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Latham44 View Post
    I finally decided to get my CCW, but I didn't think everything out first. One issue I had was deciding between a Minotaur or Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB. Well I finally decided to go with the Supertuck for my G19, but the bad news is I have to wait 2-3 weeks before it arrives. So I'm sitting here ready to go, but I don't have a holster for carrying. If I had it to do over again, I'd already had my holster ordered.

I thought the wait for the license was bad.....shoot the wait for the holster is even tougher.
    Sucks waiting for a holster!

I have 6 crossbreed holsters and hate to say this but the longest I have ever waited was 5 days. i guess the like me!

The wait times are usually way off If it's not there within a week I'd be surprised
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

i feel your pain. I'm on the 6 month wait list for a milt sparks vm2. still have another 3 months to go and my permit should be here in the next couple weeks. no idea what im going to do until it gets here

How about getting online and finding a less expensive yet suitable alternative that your favorite retailer has "in stock" and ready to ship, and order it pronto. You will have something to get you by for now, and later, a backup holster.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Welcome to waiting for bolsters. I ordered a Raven Concealment Phantom 35 days ago and was told the wait was 35-40 days...I still haven't heard anything.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    I feel your pain. I'm waiting for a Minituck right now...got the new gun, but I have nothing to carry it in
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

i went to gander mountain and bought an inexpensive uncle mikes to use until my croossbreed arrived.

I'd be real surprised if it takes much more than a week. Hang in there, you'll make it.

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Heh, I ordered mine 6 days ago. Now you're going to have me sitting at the door waiting for the mail to arrive
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

I ordered my minotaur yesterday. I put in the paperwork for my CCW monday. If everything works right they should be getting here at the same time. Untill then I've been carrying arround the house with a cheapo Don Hume, jut to get the feel of it. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

Lots of folks out there ordering lots of holsters, ammo, etc. :) Good to know some part of the economy is still going strong though. I agree, if a holster is required where you are, go find a $15 Uncle Mikes and use that if you don't think you can stand not carrying for that long. Uncle Mike's make good storage units after you get a real holster( sorry UM. ;) just my 2 cents)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl Jones View Post
    Lots of folks out there ordering lots of holsters, ammo, etc. :) Good to know some part of the economy is still going strong though. I agree, if a holster is required where you are, go find a $15 Uncle Mikes and use that if you don't think you can stand not carrying for that long. Uncle Mike's make good storage units after you get a real holster( sorry UM. ;) just my 2 cents)
    +1. Having an inexpensive clip-on IWB can come in handy depending on your attire. It can double for a pocket holster if you take the clip off (pants, jacket, or a cover for in the car console).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

GM
    Waiting is horrible. Sorry for that
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Just ordered the supertuck myself want to order a brigade leather holster but they take 13 months to get and theyre not taking orders till they get caught up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links