Another threat of violence at my workplace

This is a discussion on Another threat of violence at my workplace within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by chiefjason For most of the country the answer to your question is yes. If the store opens at 8 am, and I ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another threat of violence at my workplace

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    For most of the country the answer to your question is yes. If the store opens at 8 am, and I had the cash, I could likely walk out with one by 8:20. My CCP is my purchase permit and background check basically. Come to America, it's a great place!
    Yep, me too here in NC. In fact a couple weeks ago I bought an AR and a pistol in about 20 minutes and walked out the door.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davies View Post
    ...Your attorney could argue in court that the school created or allowed a dangerous/hostile work enviroment and did nothing to correct it, even though you brought it formally to their attention......
    Add the 'hate crime' nature of the racial slur, too: hey, if the country is going PC, maybe you can use that to your advantage!

Also, since "no weapons" polices for schools usually only cover employees and students, maybe you could find some permit-holding ex-military type with good situational awareness to visit you a lot...
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by J400Cali View Post
    You can get a gun the same day where you are?!?!
    lol...the rest of the country isn't CA, IL, NY, or NJ friend... Move to VA...we like gun owners here

Back on topic...do what you gotta do Rollo. Push comes to shove it's better to be alive and jobless than dead and having a job. Kinda hard to get to work in a coffin.

That said...a person making statements to the effect of going to get their gun and coming back to shoot everyone isn't something to be taken lightly. It's quite possible that person would have been on the floor under my boot before they made it out the door.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    What you mean is that you went to get a Ruger LCP over lunch with the intention of only carrying it where law and policy allow, and that you then promptly lost the gun in a tragic boating accident.

Rollo: is it possible to become a auxiliary Leo in your area, that would permit you to carry a gun in most instances... here a lot of Drs are auxiliary Sheriffs deputies. You have a very good reason to become an auxiliary LEO working in a school environment and I would think that most Sheriff Departments or regular police would love to have a learned man as an auxiliary.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    As a retired vocational ed. teacher of nearly 35 years in the same school district, I remember our police councilor telling me that the kind of threat you alluded to is considered to be a verbal assault and subject to the same response as a physical assault on a teacher in a school situation, arrest and criminal prosecution.

The idea that a school is a "no gun zone" or a "drug free zone" is as ludicrous as the concept "a time out" or gun control. Even educators and administrators should be able to understand that criminals don't obey laws and likely can't read posted signs.

Just another example of today's "do gooder" mentality of those who watch reality shows on TV and believe they actually bear any resemblance to reality. I believe the pendulum is slowly swinging back and I just hope I live long enough to see Americans take back their country.

Rollo,

You might want to print a few of Oleg Volk's posters "A single shot could have stopped the rampages at Virginia Tech and University of Alabama"

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost....49&postcount=1

or print out and post the quote from the Cincinnati prosecutor that I have in my sig.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by ken45 View Post
    Rollo,

You might want to print a few of Oleg Volk's posters "A single shot could have stopped the rampages at Virginia Tech and Uuniversity of Alabama"

Two new posters - Page 2 - THR

or print out and post the quote from the Cincinnati prosecutor that I have in my sig.

Ken
    University of Alabama in Huntsville.

Screw the polite written letter to the school administration. I would be calling the police immediately if it happened within my earshot and giving them the name of the student and address if I had it. If the school refuses to arm their security then call the police (anonymously if necessary). After a couple of times having the police show up on campus with the media you might be able to get them to change their policy to avoid media issues.

From a payphone or a $20 prepay cellphone bought with cash, (i'm at such and such campus and jane doe just threatened to get her gun come back and kill all the "******" on campus) hang up and walk away.

Never underestimate having a phone you can toss and not worry about.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by J400Cali View Post
    You can get a gun the same day where you are?!?!
    Sorry you are where you are?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FknRa View Post
    Screw the polite written letter to the school administration. I would be calling the police immediately if it happened within my earshot and giving them the name of the student and address if I had it. If the school refuses to arm their security then call the police (anonymously if necessary). After a couple of times having the police show up on campus with the media you might be able to get them to change their policy to avoid media issues.

From a payphone or a $20 prepay cellphone bought with cash, (i'm at such and such campus and jane doe just threatened to get her gun come back and kill all the "******" on campus) hang up and walk away.

Never underestimate having a phone you can toss and not worry about.
    why does this have to be anonymous?...to take credibility away from the call?...there was a threat made...the police should be involved...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    If you don’t remember the thread the general gist of it was a hostile student stormed out of our main building yelling “I’m going to get my gun and kill every **** in this building’...It seemed to me that the administration more or less said “Ehhh, it was just a angry threat, nothing is going to happen” .
    This, ladies and gents, is the very definition of sheep (the two-legged kind)...this is why we carry....this is why school shootings continue to happen. You have someone (an adult) clearly articulate a threat, yet the adminstration does absolutely nothing.

I say, good on you for taking the necessary steps to protect yourself.

Next--are all of these threats properly documented? Is there process to report these actions? Can you forward a letter/memo documenting these events to the administration? I would recommend the student's explusion, first. Then a restraining order (personal info to be retrieved from the Bursar's office)--prohibiting this person from coming near you, your house, or place of work.

Keep a record.

If nothing happens, send a copy of your letters (and responses) to the governing body of the school. After that, hit the press...send them everything. Put pressure on the school to do something more than bury their head in the sand. Metal detectors do not work...people shooting back at BGs make them stop.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    For most of the country the answer to your question is yes. If the store opens at 8 am, and I had the cash, I could likely walk out with one by 8:20. My CCP is my purchase permit and background check basically. Come to America, it's a great place!
    Same in Michigan (with CPL), fill out the form, pay the man. Walk out happy and better prepared to face the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    What you mean is that you went to get a Ruger LCP over lunch with the intention of only carrying it where law and policy allow, and that you then promptly lost the gun in a tragic boating accident.
    No, I think those darn LCP's are just so small and light he forgot which pair of pants he left it in, I bet he hasn't seen it in months now.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    This, ladies and gents, is the very definition of sheep (the two-legged kind)...this is why we carry....this is why school shootings continue to happen. You have someone (an adult) clearly articulate a threat, yet the adminstration does absolutely nothing.

I say, good on you for taking the necessary steps to protect yourself.

Next--are all of these threats properly documented? Is there process to report these actions? Can you forward a letter/memo documenting these events to the administration? I would recommend the student's explusion, first. Then a restraining order (personal info to be retrieved from the Bursar's office)--prohibiting this person from coming near you, your house, or place of work.

Keep a record.

If nothing happens, send a copy of your letters (and responses) to the governing body of the school. After that, hit the press...send them everything. Put pressure on the school to do something more than bury their head in the sand. Metal detectors do not work...people shooting back at BGs make them stop.
    Why not send a copy to the local news also. If they get enough reports they may do a story about the threat of violence on local campus's. I am sure if they air the story during the summer recruitment period for new students it would make the adminstration wish they had done something!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links