Another threat of violence at my workplace

This is a discussion on Another threat of violence at my workplace within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Stay armed...tell NO ONE ...stay safe!...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Another threat of violence at my workplace

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Stay armed...tell NO ONE...stay safe!

2. Remove Ads

Wow, Rollo. Having heard a threat such as that, I would be standing on top of the desk of my supervisor demanding some sort of action.
    Threats of that nature are absolute and must be taken seriously.

Take care and stay in condition "yellow".

Stay armed, stay safe!

Rollo, I hate guys like that and feel your pain. I work for an insurance agency and we continue to get irate customers in there on a daily basis. Not my fault of course, but I seem to be the whipping post if you know what I mean. Couple that with the "neighborhood" just two blocks away and I really get the hebegebes.
    I recently had a dude posture the same way but had made the LCP decision about three months earlier. It, the High Noon Holster and two extra mags in the weak side pocket go out the door with me every day. My rule is "I'm going home....whatever it takes."
    Funny thing is, the agent got alarmed the next day about the encounter and said he should carry. I showed him my load out and he has the same pockets now!
    Stay safe, never tell and stay ready! Oh yeah, buy more mags for that LCP!!!

Georgia same day service.

In Georgia no background check on firearm purchases with a carry permit. Walk in and buy and walk out with firearm.

Not going to be a victim either....

My place of employment do not allow us to carry even with a "CPL" is our state. Michigan. I and a co-worker are on the security response team, if something happens, we would be the first to go, so to speak. We both have CPL's. No one else on the team has them, with that said, we both carry all the time, like it has been said over and over. I WILL go home at night, if I am able to. I alos have other family members that work in the same place, so that makes it even more important in my opinion... One is my mother. Once a momma's boy, always I guess. Carry on, don't tell anyone. The other guy actually started carrying first, told me about it, and then I started, no one knows I do, not even him. There are also 3-4 other guys that ave them in their cars, but for me, that is to far away.. Stay safe...

It's too bad the administration dose not take this type of threat seriously until something dose happen. The person making the threat should have been arrested and all his guns confiscated. Threats turn out to be the real thing far too often. I'm surprised your school dose not have an armed security and that they do not follow up on such threats

Quote Originally Posted by Orygun2 View Post
    Yup same in Oregon. I can be in and out in 30 minutes or less.
    Yep, here in Missouri, you get it in 30 min or less or it's free!

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Persons that announce aloud "I'm going to get my gun!" are generally blowing off steam & are not threats. That said, a no firearm zone is an invitation for someone to go to work with a firearm with less "risk" of resistance. Sounds like it's "understood" on your campus that carrying is going on; I'd carry discreetly & if campus security found out & had an issue I'd argue my case then & ask for change. If you argue about it up front you're raising flags.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I am really starting to get fed up with this. It is going to take someone getting KILLED before people start to open there eyes.
    Unfortunately when someone gets killed even that won't open their eyes. They'll just blame the gun and want more weapon policies.

Stay safe Rollo.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

I agree with dsee11789 - a shooting wont change their minds, they have already decided to be sheep and want every one else to go along because deep down inside they know they are wrong - but if every one is doing it they can find a way to justify thier own fear.

I would rather lose a job than my life, however that needs to be balanced with how likely do you think the threat is? It seems to me you have already come to the same conclusion that I would have.

Semper Fi.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links