Virginia Non-Resident Permit - Page 2

Virginia Non-Resident Permit

This is a discussion on Virginia Non-Resident Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rstickle I've seen a couple mentions of it being turned down over at the MD Shooters site. Might currently depend on who ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virginia Non-Resident Permit

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    I've seen a couple mentions of it being turned down over at the MD Shooters site. Might currently depend on who opens your application. I can't remember whether the message said Florida or Virginia, I think it was one of those.
    I have both FL and VA non resident permits. FL stopped accepting the MSP card that you receive in a gun store after watching the video. The reason given by someone on MD Shooters is because it isn't an NRA approved instructor signing the card. The store employee does. I know a DD214 still works.

The card is still accepted by VA. As a side note however, MSP has decided not to offer the video in gun stores any longer. I don't know the exact cut off date. You have to watch the video on line. I think it's somewhat discriminatory since some poeple don't own or cannot afford a computer. You then have to go to a public library or other location to watch the video.

Bottom line, for as long as you have the course completion card from MSP, VA will accept it.

Finally got it!

I got my permit in the mail this weekend. So lessons learned here: it takes about a month to get a nonresident permit, and the MD gun safety class counts.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Congrats! Virginia just got a little safer for the good guys.

Glad you got it mef0006. Patience is indeed a virtue. After you apply, days seem like months, don't they?

...been there, done that. LOL

FYI:
    Before I bailed from the NY Gulag last year, I picked up the FL Non-res CCW (about 120 days elapsed from sending the packet). Next applied for VA non-res CCW (less than a month...2 weeks from the date they received it). Before applying for them, I had my papers in for the NY permit too (I should have got it 30 years ago when things were a lot easier)...supposed to be 5 -6 month, the most, by statute...the NY SOB's were still dicking around after 10 months. So I bailed for the free state of NM where both the FL & VA non-res CCW's are good, even as a NM resident now. I'm do to get my NM resident one in a couple weeks, so I will jump from being legal in 28 states to 34 by having all 3...NM, FL & VA...worth the $$$ for me, I travel the country a lot.

BTW: after over 11 mos. NY denied me, with the issuing Judge (sic) saying I was "morally unfit"...that is really a good one, since I am, and have been for 35 years, a licensed MH professional in 3 states in 3 different distinct MH professions...one of the states being NY, where I retired as a Forensic Psychologist and Certified Trainer for the NYS Commission of Corrections after 23.5 years. Friggin' Politics!

I am still out on whether to even bother sending in a appeal, cause it really doesn't mean a damn thing now, except satisfaction to tell them what kind of political hacks and M&$#@*%'s they are!

Also, do yourself a big favor and DON'T go back to Maryland or any state that is anti-handgun/2nd amendment...head west of the Mississippi where people are still half-way free and job opportunities are better...just my 2 cents worth. the NY Gulag can kiss my pearly white...nevermind. ; )

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkuisi8mo View Post
    ...the NY Gulag can kiss my pearly white...nevermind. ; )
    So, how do you really feel about NY?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links