Defensive Carry banner

Florida Concealed Carry in places that are against company policy

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GM 
#1 ·
I've got a quick question dealing with Florida concealed carry laws that I was hoping you guys could shed some light on. I'm sure that most if not all of you have seen business establishments, such as restaurants, movie theaters, etc that have the "no guns allowed", "no concealed weapons" signs etc. My question is, is it only against company policy to carry in such places or is it an actual violation of the law? In other words, could you be arrested for lawful concealed carry in these places or just asked to leave the premises? I ask because there are a few restaurants, and the amc movie theater that I frequent and they have these signs displayed at the entrances. I don't yet have my CWP, but I should in a few weeks. I just want to make sure I won't be in violation of the law if I carry concealed in places like this.

#3 ·
Signs mean absolutely nothing in Florida.
As long as it is not a place that is on the NO CARRY list...

Places off-limits when carrying:
1. any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
2. any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
3. any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
4. any courtroom*
5. any polling place
6. any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
7. any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
8. any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
9. any school administration building
10. any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
11. any elementary or secondary school facility
12. any area technical center
13. any college or university facility*
14. inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
15. any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law

Your only worry is leaving when asked to do so, or losing your job if your employer has warned you of 'no job' if you're caught CCW.

#4 ·
+1 to what jsnole and RetSupt said (tho' it hurts for this Gator grad to agree with a nole :gah:).

#5 ·
It is like retsupt99 wrote. If the place is not in that “NO CARRY” list, I just ignore the “no gun” signs. However, if for some strange reason they realize that I am CCing and they ask me to leave then I do it right away, otherwise I will be armed trespassing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.