Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

This is a discussion on Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i don't trust anyone. does anyone ever trust anyone else completely? that said, i think that it's everyone's right to be safe. i just have ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

i don't trust anyone. does anyone ever trust anyone else completely? that said, i think that it's everyone's right to be safe. i just have to trust myself and my own instincts.

2. Remove Ads

Here is a place that shares the view that people should not be trusted with guns.......just in case some of yall would like to join them.....u can read all day on this site about why people should not be TRUSTED to carry guns. Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : Carrying Concealed Weapons
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I commend other people for exercising their rights. Do I trust them? No. Trust is earned, not deserved.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Do you trust other people W/ guns?

How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?

Before I got my CHL and started carrying everywhere it is legal, I did not trust people with guns.

They had a power I did not posses, the power to direct force at their will.

I now have that force legally and carry it with me.

Do folks trust me? I don't care, because I know myself and my ability.

I have become more trusting of folks with guns because I have the power to project force as efficiently as possible if needed.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I think a better question might be "Do you trust other people's safe gun handling skills?"

I think Dixietwister said it best, because that is what many of you sound like. It's ok for me, but not someone I don't know.
    It is not my place to decide who can or cannot carry. That has already been determined by my state. I tend to have more faith in people than some of you exhibit. JMHO
    Life is too short to be serious!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Do you trust other people W/ guns?

Frequently I see threads here about gun shops that restrict carry or gun shows or the NRA convention. It reminds me of a Pastor at a church I used to attend that used to ask Do you hate sin? and everyone would raise their hand then hed ask Do you hate your sin? not quite as enthusiast a response.
    Only gun shop I know of is in a mall that restricts
    gun shows and conventions are restricted where i live because of seating capacity.

Anyway I thought Id throw this out; In general do you trust other people, people that you dont know or people that do things that, while legal, you disagree with , with a gun?

How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?
    In general do I trust other people who carry YES. They carry because they are law abiding people. LOE's can lie to me but I can not lie to them, I disagree with that but still trust LEO's with a gun.
    Vermont question: I will have to say less. Knowledge is learned and I did not mind Michigan's proses to get a permit. I feel it helps me to stay a law abiding person. And I do have more trust of others because they permitted the same way I did.
    HOWEVER Vermont never took the right away, My state did and I believe that does make a difference. Think about it!
    Good question Treo

VIP Member
    Every day I trust all the other drivers to do the right thing at the right time. I know many don't, and I have been hit by a drunk driver as well. Still I drive.

I do not favor VT style; except in theory. In theory it is great. HOWEVER,

In reality I like the idea of a background check for cc and some sort of Texas style classroom and test. I wish there were a reasonable way to test emotional maturity as well.

I would not feel comfortable knowing that everyone and anyone might be carrying concealed.

OTOH, I know that is happening now, illegally. The police find it on traffic stops all the time. Felon in possession. Teen in possession. That will continue to happen no matter what we do.

This one is so multi-faceted that all we can do is make our compromises. There will be no perfect answer, ever.

Trust but verify.

I don't trust other people period.........other people with guns!? Take anything good and throw a little humanity at it.....you'll see what I'm saying. I've come to my own terms with things as they are.

Ditto... Well said RamRod..
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

It doesn't matter wether or not I trust someone to carry a gun or not. It is their right to do so. That doesn't mean I trust that they will be safe with their guns. I've shot at 2 indoor ranges and both had bullet holes in places where there shouldn't be any. That makes me very nervous, but I'm not going to say a guy that shoots the celing or the bench shouldn't have a gun, it just means if the guy in the next booth does it I'm getting off the line for a while.
    Either you are a weapon and your gun is a tool or your gun is a weapon and you are the tool.
    ----- FMD

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    There are already millions of people that have no business behind the wheel of an automobile. Why not take it one more step?

Az

There are millions of people who have no business having kids, but that doesnt stop them.

And IMO that/they are more dangerous than guns.

If everyone was allowed to carry guns, not many 'different' people would carry than do now, would they? Or would the background check be a big factor?

Because except for a few states, most people that want to carry, do.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I am currently in a situation where everyone HAS to carry a weapon. Do I trust them all? No. Are there ADs? Sometimes (Very few and far between. I havent seen any personally, but we all know they occur). Does that make me uncomfortable? No. My situational awareness around other people who are doing something with thier weapon is always at its highest. I have seen the ridiculousness and carelessness of people and have come to learn the signs of ignorance. If the weapon is holstered on someones side or slung across thier back, then it isnt going to hurt anyone. Now around the clearing barrel is a different story! To answer the question, I would feel just fine if everyone carried, I am responsible for what happens in my immediate surroundings.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I trust nobody except myself unless they earn my trust.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links