Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

This is a discussion on Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you trust other people W/ guns? Frequently I see threads here about gun shops that restrict carry or gun shows or the NRA convention. ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

Do you trust other people W/ guns?

Frequently I see threads here about gun shops that restrict carry or gun shows or the NRA convention. It reminds me of a Pastor at a church I used to attend that used to ask Do you hate sin? and everyone would raise their hand then hed ask Do you hate your sin? not quite as enthusiast a response.

Anyway I thought Id throw this out; In general do you trust other people, people that you dont know or people that do things that, while legal, you disagree with , with a gun?

How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?

2. Remove Ads

Thats a tuff one to answer. WOW, There are allot of poeple I know that should never touch an weapon, let alone carry one. then on the other hand, there are allot of poeple I know that I would trust,That dont carry. But to answer your main question, I think I would be more scared if every single person carried I commend you on that Topic ,hope we get to read some Interesting replies
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member
    Scope Member
    New York permit
    Pennsylvania Permit
    Florida Permit

I don't think that's quite the right question. The issue is whether you trust other people enough. Every time you cross a crosswalk, you trust that the guy in the car won't run you down. Likewise when you're on the interstate, anybody driving near you is a very serious threat. Really, only their good nature and instinct for self preservation keeps you safe.

My willingness to drive and live in society means that I implicitly trust people to some degree. I'd be a hypocrite if I trusted them not to run me over, but thought they'd shoot me if they were armed.

That said, there are plenty of individuals who I don't trust with guns, cars, or anything else. At risk of starting a flame war, I think that there are some people who shouldn't be armed. Whether laws can make that happen is another question.

I don't trust other people period.........other people with guns!? Take anything good and throw a little humanity at it.....you'll see what I'm saying. I've come to my own terms with things as they are.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Popcorn, get your popcorn.

AzB
    There are already millions of people that have no business behind the wheel of an automobile. Why not take it one more step?

Az

VIP Member
    I trust people that own firearms....BUT I DON'T TRUST PEOPLES GUN HANDLING!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Do I think all free men and women should have the right to keep and bare arms...yes. Do I think everyone is responsible enough to carry a firearm daily..no.

I have a cousin who is twenty something. He recently purchased a Springfield XD .40. He has the nasty habit of leaving his firearm unsecured, he often leaves it unattended on the seat of his work truck. His work truck is often out of his view.

He also has a nasty habit of sweeping people with his loaded firearm...I have told him several times that he is all kinds of wrong for pointing a loaded gun at people. I do not think he realizes the situation he is putting himself and others in.

I think he suffers from that "I'm a man therefore I know everything about guns" disease.

I believe everyone should have a means to defend themselves, but I think with ownership of a weapon comes a responsibility to have proper training and respect for your defensive tool's capabilities.
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Originally posted by dnowell I don't think that's quite the right question
    It's a difficult question to properly articulate and I welcome any attempte to help flesh it out and properly frame it.

Personally, I don't think I trust other people W/ guns , I'm not sure I'd be comfortable knowing everyone around my was packing at a gunshow because i'd be waiting for that one idiot to whip it out .

I don't trust others right off the bat.... I have seen too many un-safe things to trust unknowingly. I tend to watch others very closely until they prove to me they are safe.
    John VanDusen

"Whether it's a football game or an IED attack, you play EXACTLY how your practice."

"Put your trust in God, and keep your powder dry." ~Oliver Cromwell

IMO it takes responsibility and a true desire to protect your self responsibly to get/obtain/apply for a permit. Much more so than just buying the gun. That right there is the first step in a little extra trust
    Drew Steele NREMT-P
    Kimber Custom 2 TLE
    Glock 23
    Glock 36
    Sig 229
    Ruger LCP

I am careful around people with tools.....hammers..... saws......icepicks.......knives........vehicles... ....jackhammers........ohh and GUNS.

I am not a HYPOCRITE
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I don't support gun control. I'd welcome and feel comfortable with AK and VT style carry nationwide.

I don't really trust people with tools, cars, forks or yo-yo's.

What if everyone in walmart had a concealed carry permit and was exercising their second amendment right......a right is a right......now would i trust that dea agent that was the "only one qualified enough to handle a firearm".....maybe before his negligence...not now, this is the same problem some cops have with OCers and CCers that they dont want or trust anyone around them to have a gun.....FREEDOM IS A GREAT THING...I trust
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Last week I walked into a Walmart behind a man who was obviously CC, printing badly, I thought about tapping him on the shoulder, but didn't. I never gave a thought as to whether or not I should trust him. Besides that, there might have been several others in the store that I was not aware of. My life to too short to worry about such things.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links