Those Who Can't CCW @ Work

This is a discussion on Those Who Can't CCW @ Work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work at home so I am always carrying at work.. However, my wife's employer does not allow so she leaves the gun locked in ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those Who Can't CCW @ Work

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I work at home so I am always carrying at work.. However, my wife's employer does not allow so she leaves the gun locked in the car in a small gun safe. In KY state law prohibits employers from prohibiting guns in cars on the premisies. My wife purse carrys so the holster is not an issue.

2. Remove Ads

I work for a County Elected Official and WV law does not permit me to carry any weapon, especially firearms while I work. It sucks, because I am exposed to the public in and outside of the Courthouse and what I do really upsets the population in general.

I have been threatend a number of times but so far have only had to call LEO's just once in the many years of employment.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I am not allowed to even leave the gun in my car.
    Same here. Not allowed on company property period.

I can't carry on Airport property so no gun and no holster, not even in the truck. I do carry a defensive flashlight with an impact bezel and a sharp assisted opening knife. Both are legal on my job.
    Scott V
    NRA STC, LEAD Shotgun /Handgun Instructor
    Sig Sauer, Glock, Surefire Instructor
    GA UT FL Certified Instructor
    http://www.centerfiretraining.com
    Are you Ready?

I can't cc either at work. I also do not wear an empty holster. I do lock it all up in a steel cased, cable locked system under the seat in my truck. My truck is always in very close proximity to my location and it is under lock down with it's own alarm. Best I can do?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    I am not allowed to even leave the gun in my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I cannot carry at my job, not even have it in the vehicle on the property...state law.
    Wow... I didn't realize how lucky I have it in OK. You guys should move here. State law here prohibits anyone from instituting policies banning firearms from any land specifically set aside for vehicles. i.e. parking lots. Aside from public schools (not colleges) I can leave my gun in any parking lot legally, so long as I'm within the vicinity shopping or at work.

I'm really surprised more states don't have that.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I do the same thing, carry to work, lock up the gun in my car while at work and carry when I go out to lunch or go home. I do leave my holster on all the time. It is a homemade hybrid like a crossbreed. I have not had any problems wearing the holster without the gun in it. I used .08 Kydex for the shell, I don’t know if the commercial makers use a thinner Kydex, but short of falling a good distance onto it I can’t see it taking any damage or breaking.

I lock the gun up and sometimes wear the holster all day, but mostly store the holster in my briefcase in my office. At the end of the day I will shut the door to my office and put the holster back on before I leave work.
    Lifetime NRA member.

I cannot carry @ work, and while my vehicle is on company property it is subject to search, so I have to leave it all @ home......which pretty much sucks
    Molon Labe

I lock my gun up due to the fact I work inside the County Jail (I'm not a deputy)and most definetly cant carry inside. My holster however is always on my belt as well as the magazine holder. If I'm working outside of the jail at other locations, I'm always armed. This is a bonus for a CHP holder who works in a Sheriff's office, no one bats an eye if you're armed at worked since most everyone else is.

I wear a Tucker Gunleather IWB tuckable type holster which I leave on at work. The gun is locked in my car/truck/motorcycle depending on what I am driving that day. This way all I have to do is retrieve the gun and holster it without having to struggle trying to get my holster on in a seated position.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I pocket carry a Ruger LCP at work, but I have a holstered Springfield 1911 in my backpack locked in my desk. I may or may not put it on under a jacket when I go to lunch depending on where I am going. I usually wear it concealed under a jacket into and out of the building when going to and leaving from work. The Ruger is always in my pocket though. Visible weapons would be frowned on (never tested) although pocket knives clipped to a pocket are OK.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. Thomas Jefferson

Cannot carry @ work-schools. Can have CCW in car on school property if car is locked and weapon in a compartment in the car (if you have a CCW license).
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Wow... I didn't realize how lucky I have it in OK. You guys should move here. State law here prohibits anyone from instituting policies banning firearms from any land specifically set aside for vehicles. i.e. parking lots. Aside from public schools (not colleges) I can leave my gun in any parking lot legally, so long as I'm within the vicinity shopping or at work.

I'm really surprised more states don't have that.
    FL is pretty good, but I work in a school...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Gun and holster are locked away while at work. I have it to commute both to and from, but IAFF and Dept. SOG specifically disallow me from carrying my firearm while on-duty. However, I at least can roll with my OC and my folder. Neither of those is specifically disallowed. The OC could become a sticky issue if I ever needed to deploy it, but I'll cross that bridge if I ever get into that situation.

It's not like I don't have my name enshrined on one of the chairs in the Battalion Chief's office already.....
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links