Those Who Can't CCW @ Work - Page 4

Those Who Can't CCW @ Work

This is a discussion on Those Who Can't CCW @ Work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sandiesman00 To those of you who lock up your weapons in a car safe...... do you feel ok with a safe that ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandiesman00 View Post
    To those of you who lock up your weapons in a car safe...... do you feel ok with a safe that only has a cable? Does anyone bolt or sheet metal screw theirs down to the floor? Thoughts?

I'm not allowed to bring my weapon inside the building.
    do I feel ok with a cable? No
    do I feel ok with screws and bolts? No
    do I feel ok with it being in my car at all? No

However the cable will be as secure as screws so long as you attach it to something secure like the frame. If they have bolt cutters with them chances are they are going to have a pry bar with them too. No matter the way you secure it, there is always the chance they will take the whole damn thing.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I to am victim to Corporate Nazi'ism. No firearms on premise, parking lot..blah blah blah....in fact we aren't even allowed to have scissors with the sharp points in the work place!!!
    guns rule

Sears tells me I cannot have possession of any weapon of any kind whether it be in my car or on my person.

I work in the warehouse. I wear steel toe boots.... I'm pretty sure if someone were to kick an individual with a steel toe boots they would be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. If I don't wear my steel toe boots out of spite towards the weapon rules I get written up for not wearing the proper attire. Confusing if you ask me.

I am also suggested to always have a box cutter/razor blade on me. I'd say those are weapons, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Sears tells me I cannot have possession of any weapon of any kind whether it be in my car or on my person.

I work in the warehouse. I wear steel toe boots.... I'm pretty sure if someone were to kick an individual with a steel toe boots they would be charged with assault with a deadly weapon. If I don't wear my steel toe boots out of spite towards the weapon rules I get written up for not wearing the proper attire. Confusing if you ask me.

I am also suggested to always have a box cutter/razor blade on me. I'd say those are weapons, too.
    Those are things required to do your job, your gun is not. It's for protecting yourself (not from your job). It sucks, but it's their business and they can run it how they choose. If you are so inclined, you can let them know they are responsible for your safety since they ban carry by employees, though their response may be to find something you're not doing right and let you go.

This is the reason why concealed should be concealed, period. To keep from encouraging companies from imposing no gun polices. If they already have one, depending where you live you may still be able to carry lawfully, just at risk of your job if you're found out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links