Too fat to carry concealed?

This is a discussion on Too fat to carry concealed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm a chunk, but wouldn't consider myself overweight by more than 5 or 10 lbs. As I age and expand though, I can see pocket ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Too fat to carry concealed?

I'm a chunk, but wouldn't consider myself overweight by more than 5 or 10 lbs. As I age and expand though, I can see pocket carry in my future more and more.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

I am 5'8" and 265 lbs...I carry my HK P7 in a Del Fatti IWB at 3:30 positition...I find it quite comfortable.. I also carry alot OWB...I really don't care for pocket carry due to the fact that I have to carry 2 cell phones for work..

On the flip side, I would think that heavier folks wouldn't have to worry about printing as much. Without sounding rude, the gun does tend to bury itself in the "softer tissue" and sharp edges can dissappear. Also, a lot of heavier people tend to dress in baggy shirts to mask their weight and that would also help with OWB carry.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by trekkiejt View Post
    I have been wondering, how do really overweight people CC? I admit I am fat but not as much as some I know that carry. One was complaining to me the other day that he cannot SmartCarry, because his belly is in the the way, he can't use a shoulder rig because he can't reach that far around, he has trouble IWB because of his "muffin top" (which is more like a whole loaf), fanny pack holsters don't come in his size, and belly bands get stretched out quickly on him. He asked me (since I am fat too) if I had any suggestions and I was at a loss. I IWB my .45 and pocket my 9MM and don't think about it much. Do any of you other hefty CCers have any suggestions? I tried a search but came up with almost nothing. I am going to suggest one of those biker vests with the built in pocket for that to him next time I see him but I'd like a couple more ideas to give him also.
    I've been wondering this myself. I'm a chubby chick ( 5'1" and 200 lbs.). I've been experimenting and I bulge or print big time with everything I've tried so far EXCEPT for when I put my holster right under and between my breasts. The gun sits nicely there in the valley between boobs and belly.

VIP Member
    Tell him to get a belt extender for the fanny pac

Quote Originally Posted by gglovesguns View Post
    I've been wondering this myself. I'm a chubby chick ( 5'1" and 200 lbs.). I've been experimenting and I bulge or print big time with everything I've tried so far EXCEPT for when I put my holster right under and between my breasts. The gun sits nicely there in the valley between boobs and belly.
    Much more description there and we're gonna need some pics...

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    much more description there and we're gonna need some pics...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take it easy......

Smile

Much more description there and we're gonna need some pics...
    Go here for pics: Women's concealment holsters

Take it easy......
    Sorry, sometimes its just better to not know. You can't "unsee" something.

I carry @ 11 o'clock OWB with a full size S&W fat helps hold it place, easily accessible in a slight cross draw, no seat belt issues etc... and I too am Orca sized
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

I just cant wear my pants up over my gut. I mean im 6-2 240 but when you wear you pants low your waist breaks differently. and it gouges or twists

Any body else with me on this one??
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

I'm 5'10" 225, and I carry my DW CBOB in a C5 Leather Montana XLT or a Crossbreed Supertuck around 3:30 and it conceals very well. You just have to play with what works well and what doesn't. If I'm just wearing shorts or some slacks, I usually carry a PM9 in a CB MicroTuck.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    - Ronald Reagan

I'm 6' 345 and I carry my XD9sc in a Supertuck at 4-4:30. No problem concealing as long as I wear a darker colored shirt. I have it canted forward as well so I don't have a problem sitting or standing. I do wear an undershirt as the holster would rub against me as I have some overhang there (most of it is in the front so a smart carry is out).

http://www.tommysgunpack.com will make you a pack with a belt of any size. They also have some newer styles that aren't as bulky as their original.
    Question Everything!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links