Wife & Walmart

This is a discussion on Wife & Walmart within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ooooh CougarGirl!!! Unless its a PFZ I carry 100% of the time, I refuse to be a victim of some lowlife....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wife & Walmart

Ooooh CougarGirl!!!

Unless its a PFZ I carry 100% of the time, I refuse to be a victim of some lowlife.
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

2. Remove Ads

Everytime my wife and I go to Wally World, she asks me if I am carrying. I say always.
    Whenever I begin to wonder about a given venue, I try to ask this question: what is it about Location X that is inherently safer than everywhere else. And secondarily, what about going to and coming from that location is inherently safer.

The answer is, practically nothing distinguishes one place from another, security-wise. Very few places have much security at all, and even ones that do don't typically have a single-point entry, with strict vetting of who enters and exits, combined with knowing who's armed and not. Even if that venue did, its security doesn't cover my approach and retreat from that venue.

The result? Nobody is responsible for my security but me. Nobody cares about my security ... but me. Pretty sobering. Simplifies things a lot, when you think about it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Hubby never asks anymore. He sees that I'm wearing clothing and doesn't need to ask
    He also knows I wouldn't step foot into Walmart, without carrying.
    Good for you !!!!!

My wife saw that very story on Fox news. She turned and said to me, "that's why I carry at Wal-Mart". I just smiled, no words needed.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

WalMart is a dirtbag magnent...I avoid it if at all possible. I may visit 1-2 times per year. The WW parking lot is even worse.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Whenever I begin to wonder about a given venue, I try to ask this question: what is it about Location X that is inherently safer than everywhere else. And secondarily, what about going to and coming from that location is inherently safer.

The answer is, practically nothing distinguishes one place from another, security-wise. Very few places have much security at all, and even ones that do don't typically have a single-point entry, with strict vetting of who enters and exits, combined with knowing who's armed and not. Even if that venue did, its security doesn't cover my approach and retreat from that venue.

The result? Nobody is responsible for my security but me. Nobody cares about my security ... but me. Pretty sobering. Simplifies things a lot, when you think about it.
    Exactly, and that is why I carry wherever I legally can. If I absolutely must go somewhere where carrying is not permitted, I disarm and lock up as briefly as possible, usually 10 minutes or less. Mel, I call these places CEZ's or Criminal Empowerment Zones. PFZ's are anything but, criminals pay no attention to laws or signs.
    As far a Walmart, well I'm sure you've seen the People Of Walmart, possibly even in person
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The WW parking lot is even worse.
    +1 The last WM I was at last Friday was actually pretty clean and nice but the parking lot was a mess!

My wife works next to a loan place which gets robbed almost every other month. The last one that occured involved the BG bashing the clerks face into the counter 10 times leaving it completely disfigured... She gives me some heat for CC, and will not allow me to OC when she's around (outside of the house - inside I still get looks).. She was against even having pepper spray, but, she was excited that I got her some OC spray with a hint of tear gas as a stocking stuffer this last Christmas. Scary part is, that particular BG is still at large. One of my wife's employees (20y/o 100lb female) had a creep staring at her through the glass door one night right before closing.. She yelled at him to go away after a few minutes, and he just stood there and watched her as she ran to the door to lock it.. Didn't even flinch. Then he left after a few minutes. I keep drilling it into their heads, call the police, call the police.. If the situation causes fear, call the police.. They're finally coming around.

She's is working on being more accepting of the CC idea. So atleast i'm not met with a brick wall of resistance.
    Forget 'Twitter', i'm on the CB...
    Cruiser Outfitters
    Utah Firearm
    Expedition Utah

It's a life style, protect loved ones and thyself. I do believe it's our right..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I ask my wife from time to time if carrying bothers her she just always says nope it makes me feel safe. Good reason to carry at our nearest Walmart a couple was randomly gunned down in the parking lot 10+ years ago. Idiot wanted to die so he killed an innocent couple. I hate he chose the wrong targets someone else might have granted him his wish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links