The best thing about quitting smoking

This is a discussion on The best thing about quitting smoking within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is the extra 150.00 a month I have to put in my gun account!! Don't get me wrong, the whole not slowly killing myself thing ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The best thing about quitting smoking

The best thing about quitting smoking

Is the extra 150.00 a month I have to put in my gun account!! Don't get me wrong, the whole not slowly killing myself thing is great as well but not much motivates me as well as the thought of new firepower. Now I have to decide what I want. Been kind of eyeing a new home defense pistol. Maybe a FNP9. Or perhaps a new 1911 with a accessory rail. Also need a shotgun...
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

The money is nice. Health benefits are nice too. But the best thing about quitting smoking is not smelling like an ashtray anymore!
    Molon Labe

VIP Member
    That sounds like a great way to add to the gun fund. Have you already quit, or are you still working on it?

Congrats and/or good luck
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Nicotine is a ***** to stop, Quit smoking but (Dip) alot more : ( Up side,if one) It much cheaper ; ) PS Good Lucck Rollo
    H/D
    Last edited by hogdaddy; March 8th, 2010 at 02:12 PM.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    I quit a long time ago. But , hey, if it will give me $150.00, maybe I'll start again so I can quit again!!

Congrats! You've found one of many benefits to not smoking. Let us know what you end up picking up with your new found funds.

Administrator
    150 a month; wow. I'm glad I never started.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Yay for your choice and effort!
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    That sounds like a great way to add to the gun fund. Have you already quit, or are you still working on it?

Very few people ever truly "quit", but you try your best to go as long as you can not to smoke (which is hopefully for the rest of your life).

-Bill, an EX-

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post

Haven't smoked in 2 months but still get cravings so i guess I'm kind of still working on it.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Two months is great! Keep up the good work, your life will be better(and longer) for it. Plus you'll have the extra money in your gun fund as well.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

34 years of not smoking. I still get the craving now and then. If you have gone 2 monthes then you have the willpower to resist the craving for the rest of your life. It gets to be a habit of saying no to yourself. The money saved is nice, the not smelling like an ashtrey is nice as well. For me the best thing was getting my sence of smell and taste back. I know that they arn't going to ever return in full, but it is sure nice to be able to smell flowers and taste what a meal really tastes like.

Congratulations Rollo. I hope you stick with it. I quot a year and a half ago for health reasons. The hardest part for me was when I was around others who were smoking. Being alone wasn't so bad. If I knew then what I know now, I would have never done it cold turkey. That sucked and apparently it is unhealthy too.
    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    34 years of not smoking. I still get the craving now and then. If you have gone 2 monthes then you have the willpower to resist the craving for the rest of your life. It gets to be a habit of saying no to yourself. The money saved is nice, the not smelling like an ashtrey is nice as well. For me the best thing was getting my sence of smell and taste back. I know that they arn't going to ever return in full, but it is sure nice to be able to smell flowers and taste what a meal really tastes like.
    I have almost 36 years of not smoking and also get the craving every so often. Especially when finishing up a meal with a tall cold beer. They sort of go together. I often wonder how much I have saved in cigarettes alone, not counting the health benefits and no longer burning holes in my wife's clothes.
    US Army retired (1969 - 1994)
    Vietnam 1970 - 1971

10 years quit and counting. One of the best (not to mention hardest) things I ever did. I'll still treat myself to a brief second hand smoke though, occasionally, if I can get downwind of some smokers.

You've probably all ready noticed how money stays in your wallet a LOT longer now.

2 months is great, you're WAY over the hump....keep up the good fight!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links