Washington Will Honor FL Non Residdnt Permit

This is a discussion on Washington Will Honor FL Non Residdnt Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I heard from the Florida Issuing Authority this morning. Washington will honor the FL Resident and Non Resident Permits/Licenses. I donít' have the whole story ...

Thread: Washington Will Honor FL Non Residdnt Permit

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Washington Will Honor FL Non Residdnt Permit

I heard from the Florida Issuing Authority this morning. Washington will honor the FL Resident and Non Resident Permits/Licenses. I donít' have the whole story and will most likely never know the whole story. But from what I have heard from 3 sources is that the Washington AG received many emails and phone calls asking why they would not honor the FL non resident permit. That there is nothing in Washington law saying they shouldn't. Etc Etc. So they changed their stance.

This shows that by just asking questions about their decisions and why they made such decisions can get them to look at things from another point of view.

I have no proof of the statement I am about to make but this is what I think happened.
    Someone in the AG's office made this decision without any discussion with his/her superiors and that is the word that got out. When the questions started coming in they really didn't know what was going on and started checking and someone (I believe it was the AG) stated this was not what their law states and changed their official opinion.

Again Washington AG's Office states it will honor FL non resident permits and the FL official website states that the Florida Non Resident permit is valid in Washington. Thank Goodness.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

I was under the impression that it was only resident permits at this time.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Florida is a stickler for the residency status of CPLs issued by other states; Washington is (usually) not. Since Florida is known for including this stipulation in its reciprocity agreements, it was assumed that WA would bind itself accordingly. This doesn't appear to be the case.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    I heard from the Florida Issuing Authority this morning. Washington will honor the FL Resident and Non Resident Permits/Licenses. I donít' have the whole story and will most likely never know the whole story. But from what I have heard from 3 sources is that the Washington AG received many emails and phone calls asking why they would not honor the FL non resident permit. That there is nothing in Washington law saying they shouldn't. Etc Etc. So they changed their stance.

This shows that by just asking questions about their decisions and why they made such decisions can get them to look at things from another point of view.

I have no proof of the statement I am about to make but this is what I think happened.
    Someone in the AG's office made this decision without any discussion with his/her superiors and that is the word that got out. When the questions started coming in they really didn't know what was going on and started checking and someone (I believe it was the AG) stated this was not what their law states and changed their official opinion.

Again Washington AG's Office states it will honor FL non resident permits and the FL official website states that the Florida Non Resident permit is valid in Washington. Thank Goodness.
    Gary, thanks for staying on this for all of us.

Well done, Gary.

Thank you!

This is excellent. Washington is one of the few states I will be visiting next year.

Great news for those living in states 'behind the iron curtain'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Gary.

Thanks for the update always.

When I visited the WA Attorney General website it listed FL as on of the reciprocal states. Yet it states: "WA residents only"

I am not sure what this means. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    When I visited the WA Attorney General website it listed FL as on of the reciprocal states. Yet it states: "WA residents only"

I am not sure what this means. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
    it simply means you must be a WA resident for FL to honor it.. FL does not honor any non resident permit

Thanks!

Links