M&P For concealed carry ??? - Page 2

M&P For concealed carry ???

This is a discussion on M&P For concealed carry ??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like everyone else has said don't be scared because there is no manual safety. People carried revolvers for years with out any safeties on them. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P For concealed carry ???

Like everyone else has said don't be scared because there is no manual safety. People carried revolvers for years with out any safeties on them. Just make sure nothing is in your holster when you are holstering. If you've got a good quality holster like a Crossbreed then nothing is going to make that trigger pull except for you!

Good luck!
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Nek
    I carry a M&P compact and it is in a IWB holster. Put your fears to rest by doing a simple test. If you have access to reloading, take a resized case with a live primer, no bullet or powder and chamber it in your gun. Then with safety glasses and the gun pointed in a safe direction and your finger off the trigger, tap the muzzle on a wooden table, tap it on its side, slam it down on the table on the mag baseplate, even drop it on the table. It never goes off until YOU pull the trigger.

Thank you for all of the replies. Makes me feel a lot better about having one in the pipe

I carry a Full Size M&P357Sig/40S&W with Crimson Trace Laser Grip everyday. Right now I have my 40S&W barrel in and I will probably be changing back to my 357Sig barrel in about a month from now when I break down my handgun for cleaning. This handgun conceals great for me and both calibers hit hard at self defense ranges and very controllable for me.

my M&P40 always has one in the pipe....
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

VIP Member
    Excellent answers. I carry my M&Pc appendix in a holster custom-fit to the gun. Its retention of the weapon and covering of the guard ease concern a lot. Reholster, "reluctantly", as Gabe Suarez says. Nobody ever lost a gunfight reholstering too slowly.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I have the 9c with the ambidextrous safety. I draw from IWB at 4:00 in about 1 second with shirt untucked and muscle memory from constant practice takes care of the safety. Rarely I'll slip it into a front pocket or in my wasteband at 2:00. I'm always locked and loaded so thinking of a loaded gun pointed at my giblets or ass without the addtion of the second safety is my preference especially since the safety doesn't slow me down not one bit.

Northwest part of God's Country in Montana
    I've carried an M&P 45 for about a year now and I've never had any concerns about it going off when I carry a round in the chamber. I feel 110% confident in carrying it that way! I carry it in a Blackhawk Serpa holster and there has never been a problem!
    Just remember to Train the way you Carry and Carry the way you Train. You'll never have a problem!
    In a crisis you don't rise to the occasion but rather default to your level of training!

Forgiveness is between them and God, it's my job to arrange the meeting!
    -John W. Creasy (Man on Fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Dtprb View Post
    I just got a M&P 40C and love it. I was carrying my full size 1911 but was struggling to conceal it properly (although I have a crossbreed on order to help that). I love the M&P but with no safety at all on it I am a little nervous about carrying it condition 1. I have no worries about the 1911 cocked and locked, but worry about my M&P. To all you owners out there that have had it for a little bit how do you carry it and are you worried about the no safety thing at all? Thanks. I'm a relative newbie at the CC thing.
    what would you be "worried" about...if you have a proper holster(that covers the trigger) and you keep your finger OFF the trigger unless you have to shoot it...what can go "wrong"???? just be carefull when holstering/reholstering(if you for some reason have to take it out of the holster) and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I've been carrying my M&P .40c with on in the pipe since December when i got my permit and it has yet to put a hole where I don't want one. ;)

The trick is just making sure that you have a holster that points the muzzle in a direction you're comfortable with and covers the trigger guard completely.
    And make darn sure you're careful when inserting it into the holster.

I had the same concerns the OP does when I first got my M&P40c and still do not use it as a carry piece. I much prefer the 1911 style and it's many safeties as my carry piece.

I have the compact 9 as a CC and I will admit that even with a good holster the lack of a safety and carrying chambered makes me nervous.
    M&P 9 and 9c
    Ruger LCP
    Remington 810 20 gauge

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I carry it in my pocket with on in the chamber. Have no problems with that.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

While i don't own that particular gun I do carry many guns that lack an external safety (multiple Glocks and Kahrs) and have never worried about an AD or ND.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

ok simple reason for those nervous people..WHY does it make you nervous..if the trigger does not get puller it cant go off ..if its in a proper CC holster that covers trigger..how is it going to go off...what makes you nervous about this? IF these things make you so nervous why not order the M&P with the additional nervous person safety? you can get it on the M&P.

thats just like the guy with the 1911 that thinks cocked and locked is "scary"...how in a holster for that to fire even with one in the chamber and the hammer back you would simultaneously have to pull trigger, unlock the backstrap safety and on top of that undo the thumb safety while still inside a holster....

same deal with the M&P but with less parts..its in a holster whats going to pull the trigger and make it go off?

and if your worried about the gun please QUIT driving because you COULD have a blowout at speed and crash and die, and quit using electricity..because if you turn something on it COULD have a short in it and electrocute you to death, and no more swimming you could drown...

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    I have a M&P40 full size with the thumb safety... I found that wearing it in my Blackhawk holster around the house yesterday I bumped the safety off twice. I just check it every so often or when I pull it out of the holster to put it on the night stand. I know that the best safety is your mind and your finger. You should be ok... gotta love the M&P's
    Spec....your comment is an interesting one. I'm still trying to determine which M&P frame I'll buy into, I'll be getting one for sure. While looking at them at a couple of local shops, I noticed that the safety action is short and soft (easy). Have you figured out yet just what is kicking that lever down?
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links