M&P For concealed carry ???

This is a discussion on M&P For concealed carry ??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got a M&P 40C and love it. I was carrying my full size 1911 but was struggling to conceal it properly (although I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: M&P For concealed carry ???

I just got a M&P 40C and love it. I was carrying my full size 1911 but was struggling to conceal it properly (although I have a crossbreed on order to help that). I love the M&P but with no safety at all on it I am a little nervous about carrying it condition 1. I have no worries about the 1911 cocked and locked, but worry about my M&P. To all you owners out there that have had it for a little bit how do you carry it and are you worried about the no safety thing at all? Thanks. I'm a relative newbie at the CC thing.

I've been carrying my M&P .40c with on in the pipe since December when i got my permit and it has yet to put a hole where I don't want one. ;)

The trick is just making sure that you have a holster that points the muzzle in a direction you're comfortable with and covers the trigger guard completely.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thanks for the reply. I tried the search tool but couldn't find what I was looking for.

If you don't pull the trigger, it won't go bang. Just don't mess around with it, keep it in the holster and don't draw with your finger on the trigger, keep it alongside the trigger housing until ready to fire. I love my MP40c, I've been carrying it part time for a while now.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

The only concern I have on my M&P45 is when holstering it. I'm very cautious and make sure nothing inadvertently finds its way in the trigger guard like clothing, etc. After that, it's a non-issue. I carry it in the MTAC holster but like what's already been stated, any quality holster that covers the trigger guard will serve you well.
    If you have the organ donor box marked "Yes" on your concealed carry permit, you may want to consider more training.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I have a .40 full-size, but I really want to switch to the .40 compact. I love M&Ps.

I've owned a FS 9mm that has yet to fire without my pulling the trigger nor fail to fire when I've pulled it.....love it. I've been carrying in a CBST.

A 9c is in my future for sure.

Don't be nervous, it's all in what you're used to. After a little carrying time goes by your confidence will build and be wondering what all the fuss was about. The 40c is a great little weapon, carried by many of us including me with no issues day and night, so have at it.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakdaddy View Post
    The only concern I have on my M&P45 is when holstering it. I'm very cautious and make sure nothing inadvertently finds its way in the trigger guard like clothing, etc.
    I've carried a SIG 220 DAK as my EDC and M&P 40C as my deeper cover carry for some time now -- w/o a problem. Both have a version of the longer, lighter pull than a DA -- w/o a thumb safety. A number of local PDs & Sheriff's offices carry M&Ps -- w/o a problem.

Ditto the "nothing inadvertently finds its way in the trigger guard" when re-holstering concern. Watch out for the buttons on a cover garment and any sort of drawstring on a cover garment or a winter coat.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I have a M&P40 full size with the thumb safety... I found that wearing it in my Blackhawk holster around the house yesterday I bumped the safety off twice. I just check it every so often or when I pull it out of the holster to put it on the night stand. I know that the best safety is your mind and your finger. You should be ok... gotta love the M&P's
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I'm with you. I have a full size M&P .40 that I get nervous about carrying in my Crossbreed. Particularly when holstering it, but the model I have has a magazine safety. So I remove the magazine when holstering it to be extra safe. Once it's in the holster I don't feel as stressed about it.

I carry my M&P9c all the time with one in the pipe.

I have ZERO concerns about having one in the pipe and no safety

It is a very comfortable carry gun.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

I carry a MP9C and a MP45C, probably put close to 17K through the 2 guns combined. I always draw from the holster at the range, ie never sit the gun on the bench and have never had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dtprb View Post
    I just got a M&P 40C and love it. I was carrying my full size 1911 but was struggling to conceal it properly (although I have a crossbreed on order to help that). I love the M&P but with no safety at all on it I am a little nervous about carrying it condition 1. I have no worries about the 1911 cocked and locked, but worry about my M&P. To all you owners out there that have had it for a little bit how do you carry it and are you worried about the no safety thing at all? Thanks. I'm a relative newbie at the CC thing.
    That's a great carry pistol and I encourage you to make it your EDC...as long as you don't pull the trigger it won't go off!

And, you don't have a safety to fumble with if that dreaded time comes that you need it....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I carry a Glock 17 with "one in the pipe" and the safety system is pretty much the same as the M&P...pull the trigger it goes bang. Be very careful while holstering and don't put your finger on the trigger unless you intend to shoot something. Do that and you will be fine. I mostly carry in an IWB from Kholster which is a lower cost version of the Crossbreed SuperTuck and feel very comfortable in doing so.
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links