How do you store the gun in the car? - Page 4

How do you store the gun in the car?

This is a discussion on How do you store the gun in the car? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Rock and Glock Center Of Mass Central Please use a secure locking case, such as the above. Long story, but I have ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Center Of Mass Central

Please use a secure locking case, such as the above.

Long story, but I have four of these all keyed the same. Great company, by the way.
    Yep! What R&G says is the way to go.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

VIP Member
    I had a Center of Mass, worked well but I wanted something a little harder to break in to. I picked up this safe and bolted to the body of my truck.

It's easy to reach from the driver's seat. I can remove my weapon and secure it without overt motion.

I picked it up for about $40.00 on line.

Stack-On | Strong Box Personal Safes
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    Check local laws. IMO, leaving a firearm in an automobile is a very bad idea. Cars get stolen and broken into all of the time. There are lock boxes on the market to leave hand guns in, but those have limited security. If they take the whole car, they can break into the strong box at their leisure, later on.

If they just prowl the car and happen to have a set of bolt cutters with them, which many do, ditto. They can break into the strong box later, in privacy.
    i agree with you on this one! and in the event a bg gets your handgun when it's not in your control, whatever that idiot might do with it is on you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I keep a lockable bank safety deposit bag in the glove compartment of both vehicles for just this scenario.

I hope you are kidding. Not only is it "locked" in a vinyl bag, it looks like a bank deposit and isn't attached to the car in any way! A thief would never take that! Hahahaha omg..

AzB
    Generally, if I know I'm going somewhere like the DMV or the courthouse, I just leave the gun home in the safe. These days though, almost everything can be done online from getting your tag and license, to paying tickets. There's rarely a reason to go into any of these buildings.

And occasionally, I will have to enter a school. Again, I know when this is planned, and leave the gun at home. A gun in a car is of no use to me, and is at a huge risk of getting stolen. Almost all criminals steal their guns from cars and from houses where they are unlocked or poorly locked.

Gun security is something I take very seriously.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Thanks for the nudge..I just picked up a couple of safes from Sportsmans Guide. One is for the truck- an ADG Sports thats 12-1/2"x12-3/4"x3-1/2" electric w/key override weighs 14-3/4lb. for $71. One for home is a Sentry thats the same lock arrangement and dbl. walled, 12-13/16"x 10-3/8"x5-5/8" that weighs 23lbs. It's on closeout for $26. Plus it's fireproof. I'll let you know if they're worth it when they show.
    Meanwhile, take a look at Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear at Sportsman's Guide they have a few more

I'll either bolt or cable lock the one in the truck underneath the rear seat, it's pre drilled

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links