Packing to Handgunlaw: making a switch

This is a discussion on Packing to Handgunlaw: making a switch within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree with the above posters, and now I am here! Thank you for the site. And to any lurkers that want to whine or ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Packing to Handgunlaw: making a switch

I agree with the above posters, and now I am here! Thank you for the site. And to any lurkers that want to whine or bicker about repeat posts or rating systems, please go over to packing.org... Thank you

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I admire anyone that takes on a project such as this, good luck.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

Over Time It Became Easier

I have a file folder for each state and other places on my computer. Many of those folders contain 50 or more items from Outine maps to word docs and cut and paste emails from people just like everyone here. I have been doing this for 9+ years. First by myself and then finding Mike Gawley and his CCW page, to packing.org and now Handgunlaw.us.

In the beginning when there was not a lot of presence for CCW info from the different states on the web it was really tough. The states are doing a much better job and 9-11 played a big part in that. They want to use the web now and not written letters and especially not people dropping in to see them. They want to seperate as much as they can for security reasons.

So info is much easier to obtain and that made it much easier. The biggest problem I have if you want to call it a problem is that the more info you supply the more people want. It is natural to want to know more and many times the answers are really tough to get.

Some AG's will not answer emails or even written letters and if they do they just say tlhey can not answer those types of questions for the general public. I have to say that more and more Government officials are becoming more responsive to questions and giving answers. I have seen a great improvement over the years in that catagory. There are still a few that want to stay in the background.

I am glad you like Handgunlaw.us and do give all the input you can. No person can know it all and the main purpose of Handgunlaw.us is to supply the most up to date correct information on CCW for every state. The more that help the better the information will be.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

I too am a recent (like today) escapee from PDO. Unfortunately it has some operational problems with its server being offline for several days at a time. Couple this with the deteriorating language and off topic discussions, I look forward to participating with this group.

When it comes to carrying a concealed weapon, and attempting to comply with the law(s), there is nothing more dangerous than bad information, including out of date info. Today, it appears that PDO has to much of both. Another failing is the "User Moderation". Too much bandwidth is wasted with the voting, griping about your scores, and then the runaway rants about things that have nothing to do with carrying a weapon.

Here is to the future with this site.

Gary thanks for all your efforts on these sites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links