Tell the truth...how many of yall have got lazy.... - Page 3

Tell the truth...how many of yall have got lazy....

This is a discussion on Tell the truth...how many of yall have got lazy.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER and went a day or so without carrying???? I have , but got back in the habit before it became a ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tell the truth...how many of yall have got lazy....

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER View Post
    and went a day or so without carrying???? I have, but got back in the habit before it became a bad habit. How Bad would it feel if you carried 364 days then on the one day get victimized
    all the time..because i CANT. Since I work at a Prison I cant very well carry at work nor to or from work as firearms are not permitted on prison grounds even locked in your car. Then I go to my kids daycare which is also a authorized "school zone" because they employ a Kindergarten teacher...so no carry there either. And then after school I normally am coaching either Football or Hockey..again same deal..no carry on school grounds..then I get done come home and either go to bed or go to work(if im working 12midnight-8am shift) so I actually go through MOST of my normal week WITHOUT carrying. Only time I normally carry is on my days off.

Right now if I happen to run out for milk or bread on my day off and im in sweatpants and a Tshirt/sweatshirt I dont carry either..im thinking of getting a Ruger LCP or the new .380 Taurus for such a occasion..im assuming it would do fine(not too heavy) in a pair of sweats in a pocket holster if they have a drawstring... but thats down the road.

so I normally only carry 2 days a week. Now if we happen to go out to eat or something I normally carry. Sometimes I dont even carry on my day off if its one of those sit around the house because the weather sucks days..I dont normally carry when im just sitting at my house. On occasion I may go a week without even opening the gun safe to look at a gun.

state doesnt allow CC or OC on campus. but everytime i leave my gun is on my side.

I OC mostly! me and my G22 go everywere together. never missed a day. If I can't carry OC or CC there I'm not there...
    Better to have and not need then to need and not have!!!!
    EDC G22+Clips=SECURITY

24/7 365.
    I try to avoid off limits carry places like federal buildings and post offices. I leave my gun in the car and strap it back on as soon as I exit the place.
    I just feel I'm missing something if I don;t have my gun with me.

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    If I step outside my door I'm armed. I only go without my gun when absolutely necessary, and I feel naked without it.
    +1 absolutely

since i've had my license I've carried everywhere that I can legally. right now i'm typing in my sweatpants with my gun locked and I feel....naked

No,I don't get lazy about carrying.I may carry a lighter gun like my J frame but I carry all the time when leagle.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

When I am at home I carry whenever my wife isn't around as she still doesn't support it.

When I travel I don't carry because of the airport hassles.

Not lazy, but I recently left my gun locked up at home because we were going on a day trip to visit a college campus my daughter was interested in.

Interesting thing is, the campus is a private school that allows the students to keep their firearms locked up in a central location so they can hunt and target shoot.

My daughter says she wants to take a .22 up there to target shoot with.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

I carry everywhere and I'm armed just about 24/7, except when at school because that's illegal. I forgot it once and when I realized I immediately dropped what I was doing to go home and get it. I feel naked without it.
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." Benjamin Franklin

I carry anywhere it is legal. I can't carry to church, so often on Sunday's I won't carry at all. I go to church and go home. Don't go out on Sunday other than church, but if we do go to a friend's house for dinner, I'll put on my gun.

I feel naked when I don't have my gun on.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

NEVER!!

Well I really don't leave home without it, ever. But like others sometimes I do have to secure and lock it up in the truck, I have no choice it's the law.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I carry every day, everyplace it is legal for me to do so.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

I can't stand to NOT carry. Unless i'm at work I normally have my weapon. I dont always take it with me to work and leave it in my car but anytime i'm not there I've got it. I feel naked without it

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links