Tell the truth...how many of yall have got lazy.... - Page 5

Tell the truth...how many of yall have got lazy....

This is a discussion on Tell the truth...how many of yall have got lazy.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Every day. I carry to work and lock it up in my truck. Guns can't come into surgery with me, when my surgical rotation is ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tell the truth...how many of yall have got lazy....

Every day. I carry to work and lock it up in my truck. Guns can't come into surgery with me, when my surgical rotation is done then back on me it goes.When I am at home I have it on me until I go to sleep. My policy is if I am awake, I am armed. Period!

Everywhere that I can carry legally, I do. I have a safe in the truck for those spots that I can't carry, and I rarely don't "strap" for a destination unless it is the only stop on our trip, and I can't carry into it.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Ever since I got my Beretta 950BS Jetfire (.25 cal) I have been a little lazy in carrying anything larger. I never go "naked" but lately I've been wearing the thong a lot.
    Got that new avatar for you...
    Attached Images
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    It's too weird to not carry.

I only started carrying back in June 2009. Since then, I've only disarmed twice. Once because I forgot and the other was because I ha to go to the courthouse for something. Like others have said, its become such a daily part of my routine that I feel naked without the sidearm. I can't remember where I read this before, maybe in someones signature, "If your not packin', your slackin' ". Catchy phrase.

Senior Member Array KiltedTexan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion46 View Post
    +1 here
    and another here
    XD Service .45 ACP
    XDM .45 ACP Bi-Tone
    Ruger LCR .38 Special +P CT
    Texas CHL
    NRA Member

When I get lazy and decide to not carry, a S&W 342 ti .38 special goes along as my "I'm not carrying a gun" gun. (With a 5 shot speed strip in my strong side pocket).

24/7/365

My wife, she carries her Glock 26 in a FIST iwb ultra thin kydex holster 24/7/365. She won't even go to a "I'm not carrying a gun" gun. Oh yeah, there are times when she's in shorts or sweats or skirt (with no belt) she uses a fanny pack or belly band at those times.

Everyday carry can be done, you just want to do it bad enough.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

I do not get to carry nearly as much as I would like to. I am off to college every morning very early and cannot keep my gun in my car. That means I head straight to the YMCA for exercise and straight home. I do not like to stop for gas or anything.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

I never leave home without at least one gun on my person...usually two
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    When I leave the house, my gun is with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnow View Post
    Well I really don't leave home without it, ever. But like others sometimes I do have to secure and lock it up in the truck, I have no choice it's the law.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^

TO work and back, every day.
    Do not carry at work.
    Boss is very wary of litigious chumps that might sue.

But ........everywhere else, as soon as I'm off the clock and on my way home.
    My nephew ALWAYS reaches around and checks to see if I have it on me whenever I stop by, for whatever.

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
    ~ Henny Youngman
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

You know, it's troubling to hear so many people say that they would carry here or there but for work, or school, or the local laws, etc., etc. That isn't right that we have to give up our right to self defense because of some knuckle head's idea of whats right or wrong. I hope things change in the next election cycle. VOTE!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'll confess, I've been lazy before and left the gun at home. My girlfriend yells at me if I even think of leaving it at home, so if I forget, I've got a backup check from her.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    You know, it's troubling to hear so many people say that they would carry here or there but for work, or school, or the local laws, etc., etc. That isn't right that we have to give up our right to self defense because of some knuckle head's idea of whats right or wrong. I hope things change in the next election cycle. VOTE!
    The problem here is that the college prohibits weapons on campus, and they include the parking lots, and off site too if you are there as a student of the college. I would at least like to be able to lock my pistol in a safe locked in my car. That way if I have stuff to do after school I can do it armed.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    The problem here is that the college prohibits weapons on campus, and they include the parking lots, and off site too if you are there as a student of the college. I would at least like to be able to lock my pistol in a safe locked in my car. That way if I have stuff to do after school I can do it armed.
    Now, that sounds WAY overboard that they restrict your rights off campus also! How can that be legal just because you are a student at the college? Do they also require that you won't carry for 4 years after graduation? If not yet, they might start. It sounds like an interesting legal challenge for one of their law students

I don't think I've gotten "lazy" and forgotten it. I've left it locked on purpose due to legal restrictions(fed property etc...). But to forget it is kind of hard. It's become such a part of daily routine over the last 9 years or so that something feels "off" or "missing" if I don't have the holster on my pants, because well, it is.

If the pants are on, the pistol is on. It's the little things that drive me insane.

Edit:
    It's kind of like when I got Lasik done. I had to wear glasses my whole life until 2001. By 2001 I had saved my pennies and had Lasik done. Out the door 10 minutes later and I had 20-20. By the next morning I had 20-18 in one eye and 20-15 in the other. Here's the rub. I was so used to the glasses from wearing them for 20 years that going without them for the first few months felt "off". I was completely off for months. It was like a part of me was missing.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links