CrossBreed Holsters is a Supporting Vendor! - Page 4

CrossBreed Holsters is a Supporting Vendor!

This is a discussion on CrossBreed Holsters is a Supporting Vendor! within the CrossBreed Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I know Mark Craighead is a very devout Christian, and I have no issue with that in the slightist. I think he provides the "official" ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: CrossBreed Holsters is a Supporting Vendor!

I know Mark Craighead is a very devout Christian, and I have no issue with that in the slightist. I think he provides the "official" view of the company on this. No problem from me on that. I just exercise my choice as you do to shop elsewhere. I didn't really think about it until I saw other holsters that did not have them. So I bought a Theis holster and ordered replacement clips.

Too bad Crossbreed is so inflexible on this. They lost me as a customer until a plain clip option is offered. But that is Mark's right.

Quote Originally Posted by ec4321 View Post
    I considered that, but I just cannot do it. If Crossbreed will give a $10 discount and keep their clips if they wish, then I would.

Until then, I will buy a complete useable rig from another company.

IMO, JClips cannot possibly offer the same support as clips that go over a heavy duty gun belt.

I do not understand the stubborn attitude taken by customer service at Crossbreed over this. It seems a reasonable request, and they act offended by it as if there is some unspoken reason why they are insisting the clips with the cross emblem are the proper solution.
    I do wish they had a plain clip option too. I will be trying the "J" clip on my new rig which I hope will work.

The owner Mark Craighead, is an evangelical and refuses to offer other clips..

Fine by me. I bought from Theis
    mhunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    The owner Mark Craighead, is an evangelical and refuses to offer other clips..

Fine by me. I bought from Theis
    Did not know that this was an issue of religion. I assumed that the cross was his trademark. BTW, I am a Christian but putting a cross on the clips defeats the purpose of the holster...concealment....not announcement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Mark has been asked before to make plain clips an option.

He refused.

I bought Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

IMO Mark's refusal to accomodate customers who don't want crosses is hurting his business. But it doesn't seem to matter. OK by me. There are plenty of alternatives
    Looked at the website you posted. They seem to offer more for less money. Great reviews for this holster. Hmmm...I guess I will be canceling my CB order.

Yeah, I'm ok with his decison. I tried to make the point that concealment was the important reason of plain clips. If you wear a belt of any color besides blacx, ie brown like I do, the clips become noticeable. They had no interest in offering plain clips.

Like I said, there are other choices out there. I went elsewhere. I am very happy with Theis holsters.

I've heard nothing but great things about CB and appreciate their support of forums like this. Personally I'm not a fan of huge holsters, but if I were I'd certainly give them a try based on the numerous, solid recommendations.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    This is bull crap about the clips! If worn correctly you don't even see the crosses. Don't trash the guy for not wanting to remove his company logo from his products. Just say its about the religious aspect of it. His holsters are awesome! I love mine. Stop trying to hurt his reputation and business over your inability to get over his logo!

By the way, I don't practice any religion other than be nice to everyone!
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234