re:Crossbreed---Glock

This is a discussion on re:Crossbreed---Glock within the CrossBreed Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; The Foxx holster look like that will be just as good. FoxX Holsters Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm & 40 IWB Hybrid Holster (Black ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: re:Crossbreed---Glock

Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

2. Remove Ads

Love Crossbreed for Glock 23....

Have owned one for about 1 year. The more you wear it the better it feels. No T shirt just got the cowhide. 4:00 position. In Texas heat, works with shorts and large T shirt. The 2 attachment points may be noticeable - i usual wear it covered with a shirt. I bought 2 others before i got the Cross Breed. You cant go wrong. Many copies on the design. Gte the original and support the designer not the rip off version.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbilly32 View Post
    I have a G23 and live in Texas too. Since I'm in the market for an IWB holster, I'd like to know from those of you who like the Crossbreed - why. I'd like to know from you who don't - why. Understanding that choice of holster is a personal one, it's one thing to say it's one of the best holsters or I can't deal with the hybrid, it's another to educate those of us who are looking as to why.

Help a brother out!
    I have 3 Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe holsters for different pistols. For me they are perfect. Extremely comfortable! You just forgot you have it on. Very concealable. I don't usually tuck my shirt. I just leave the shirttail out. Even a dark T-shirt hides it well. When you want or need to tuck the shirt, it hides very well. I carry at 2-3 o'clock. Great weapon retention. Stays put even with physical activity. The adjustable cant is a nice feature. Draw is easy. Ya know, I tried a bunch of holsters before trying the Crossbreed. They now sit in a drawer and don't get used. I had a different IWB holster that worked OK, but the slide touched my bare skin, and it would rust. The design of the Crossbreed keeps the slide from direct contact with your skin. Initially I was reluctant to try one because I thought they looked funny....not "tactical' or "sexy" like a Bianchi pancake for instance. Regardless of looks, they sure work well!
    AZJD1968 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebra724 View Post
    I've rarely heard of a Crossbreed owner not liking his holster...I wish I could have tried one on before I made my decision to not buy one--perhaps I would have chosen to get one...I opted for a Galco Summer Comfort IWB b/c I didn't like the idea of that much leather in my pants...also, I heard that the kydex would scratch the gun's frame--is that true or is that a lie someone told me to influence me to buy the Galco (which I love by the way--the only downside is that you can't tuck in a shirt with it)?
    Kydex will not scratch the finish on any firearm. You were given some misinformation, but perhaps not deliberately.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

You know why I think the CrossBreed works so well as an IWB? I think that partly it's the spacing of the clips along the length of the leather. Yes it's a big piece of leather but that mass sits very well and is spread out along the area of your body where it rests. I wear mine at the 4pm position along the hollow of my back just behind the right hip. At various times, I have worn a full size Beretta M92FS, a full size H&K USP 45acp, a full size Sig P226 (MK25 9mm) and a full size Sig P227 45acp in one of these superb holsters. They have concealed well and are not easily detected, even by pros. They are unbelievably comfy to the extent that there have been many times when I have fallen asleep in my "DAD'S TV chair" wearing a heavy full sized high cap service pistol. That's not an easy feat.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12