re:Crossbreed---Glock

This is a discussion on re:Crossbreed---Glock within the CrossBreed Holsters forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; I acquired a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB on a trade and have been wearing it about a month...as hot as it gets down here in Texas, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: re:Crossbreed---Glock

re:Crossbreed---Glock

I acquired a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB on a trade and have been wearing it about a month...as hot as it gets down here in Texas, it still is a great holster...mine is horsehide, and I wear an undershirt to keep in off my skin...
    It works with my 17, 19, and 26...I am considering a Crossbreed for my S&W snubbie...stay with what works!

2. Remove Ads

Glad you found something that works for you. I just can't deal with any of the hybrid holsters and I've given a couple of them my best tries.

VIP Member
    Nothing wrong with them. One my favorite "go to" holsters.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

i use one for my glock 23 and 27. it is one of the best inside the pants holster going.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I have a G23 and live in Texas too. Since I'm in the market for an IWB holster, I'd like to know from those of you who like the Crossbreed - why. I'd like to know from you who don't - why. Understanding that choice of holster is a personal one, it's one thing to say it's one of the best holsters or I can't deal with the hybrid, it's another to educate those of us who are looking as to why.

Help a brother out!
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

USAF 1986 - 1995
    Glock 23 2008 - Present

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbilly32 View Post
    I have a G23 and live in Texas too. Since I'm in the market for an IWB holster, I'd like to know from those of you who like the Crossbreed - why. I'd like to know from you who don't - why. Understanding that choice of holster is a personal one, it's one thing to say it's one of the best holsters or I can't deal with the hybrid, it's another to educate those of us who are looking as to why.

Help a brother out!
    Go to you tube and look up "hickock45". One of his latest vidoes is on IWB holsters similar to the Crossbreed. He gives the in and outs of about 10 differnt manufactures.

I use the crossbreed for my XD9 service model and absolutly love it. Live in Houston and I do not use a under shirt. I have the horse hde directly on my skin under a tucked in T-Shirt and shorts. Wore it for about a month before my wife noticed. Not because it printed but she slapped my butt and hit the holster.

I had a crossbreed i used with a glock 19 and 26. It was super comfortable. I need to invest in something similar for my Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

I have my supertuck Deluxe on order, been about 6 weeks now. Hopefully not much longer, and I too will have horsehide and my G19 riding close.

I live in Miami, FL. Very hot and humid in the summer. I own (lessee) about 8 of these holsters both OWB and IWB. Some I use for IDPA competitions and many I use for CCW. I'm a pretty thin guy (now) since I had my gastric bypass in 2009. I can easily conceal a full sized Sig P226 (MK25 SEAL edition) under a t-shirt and jeans. I've actually fallen asleep in my "Dad's Big-Boy" chair while watching TV in this rig and while wearing other CROSSBREED holsters. I love the company because if they get it wrong as in not to your specs they'll either fix it or replace it no questions asked as long as it's within the 2 week break-in period. They have even done this for me outside of that period, once. I also truly appreciate the credo on which their business is built and named: They are unapologetically Christian and I appreciate that in this tumultuous time. I just got a new IWB version for my S&W M642 38sp. and I love it. Beats pocket carry for speed and concealment when dress pants are worn. BTW, I am the guy who introduced this company to this forum which led to them becoming a site supporter.
    joker1 likes this.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

When I first started carrying I went with the smallest most reliable pistol that was left to me by my late father. A Colt 1903 in .32 acp. I got my permit and on my next trip to a major city I went to a Gander Mountain store and picked up an Uncle Mikes nylon pouch that had an IWB clip on it and wham bam I'm carrying concealed! Not long after I realized this was not a good way to carry and not a gun I wanted to risk losing to evidence. I then tried a Fobus OWB holster with a full size 1911 (also inherited), while concealable, the crap belt I had was not doing me any favors. The pistol was not the most reliable so I then tried a Ruger Security Six in .38 spl (also inherited). Again not pleased with holster, belt, gun combo. I had been doing a lot of forum cruising and reseach. I was looking at getting a Kel-tec and was researching holsters. I was seeing a lot of good things about the CBST. More research and more funds led me to my current and only setup, a 3rd gen GLOCK 19, CBST, and a CB belt.

I purchased the GLOCK and then ordered the CBST and belt. I was really pleased with the order time although it took a little longer than I anticipated which was due to the belt being made to order. Once received there was a period of trial and error with postions and adjustments. Easy to put on and easy to take off. It was soon very comforting to wear. A few years later the kydex portion cracked on me, I believe due to wearing the holster without the pistol for too long. E-mailed Crossbreed, mailed it on a Monday and had it back that Friday with new kydex, new bolts, and new clips. No hassle, no questions, no charge (except my postage to them). I got the horsehide with the combat cut and I'd do it again (if this one vanishes or I ever decide to change carry guns). I know there are others out there like it but I love my Crossbreed Supertuck. I've had great interactions with the people and no hassle warranty service.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Just received my CBST last Friday but already I love it. Super comfy, easy on and off.... wait, I'm starting to sound like joker.

I love my Crossbreed Mini for my XDs, it is so comfortable I was going in my church the other week and forgot I had it. I usually take it off before I go in my church and put it in my console vault in my truck but this time I was in there for about 30 min. or so and remember that I forgot to take it off. Now it's just started to warm up here in the NW but I haven't being wearing it in hot weather but I will soon find out.
    Attached Images
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I've rarely heard of a Crossbreed owner not liking his holster...I wish I could have tried one on before I made my decision to not buy one--perhaps I would have chosen to get one...I opted for a Galco Summer Comfort IWB b/c I didn't like the idea of that much leather in my pants...also, I heard that the kydex would scratch the gun's frame--is that true or is that a lie someone told me to influence me to buy the Galco (which I love by the way--the only downside is that you can't tuck in a shirt with it)?

I carry the Cross and love it!

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Wore a CrossBreed for 4 yrs with my 1911's, that is untill the Kydex cracked. Had one for my K9 Kahr but diden't care much for the Kahr so diden't use that one much.
    Good holster, comfy. When my Crossbreed craked went right out & bought a King Tuck. Cheap knock off of the CrossBreed I thought.

Using Milt Sparks VM2's now, one for a 1911 & one for my Browning Hi Power. Really,really love the VM 2! My IWB fav!

For the money I don't think the Crossbreed can be beat & may well buy one for my new Gen 4 Glock 26!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast