Walmart Prices

This is a discussion on Walmart Prices within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought two boxes (50) of Federal 45 FMJ for $16/box yesterday at Wally World in Co Springs....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Prices

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I bought two boxes (50) of Federal 45 FMJ for $16/box yesterday at Wally World in Co Springs.

2. Remove Ads

Bot 9mm at WalMart for $9.47 + tax today.....it used to be $12.47 + tax. price dropped....
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
    Military & Police Firearms Instructor
    Professional Student of Learning......

WWB is 12.97 in my are and the umc is 11.97 a box. the federal is 9.97 i buy that when there is nothing else to buy. i prefer the WWB.

Its been very hard ot find Federal American Eagle 115-124 gr fmj ammo and its almost 17.00 a box for 50 rounds, thats my favorite 9mm ammo.
    Bushmaster XM15 E2S Shorty
    Walther P99 .40 S&W
    Romanian WASR GP 10/63
    Remington model 700 30-06
    Savage Model 62 .22lr
    Glock 19 gen 3 TALO

prices really vary by stores and area. my area the ammo is high, i wish i would see the prices that ya are seeing. but they don't get much in or when they do i am not around at the right time.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Federal fmj 9 and .40 are still $9.47 and $13.47 in my neck of the woods. They had both on the shelf today. Paid $19.97 for Win 555 in .22. That match-grade RWS has been sitting there looking pretty for awhile now. Guess there's no matches going on around town. They also had a couple boxes of .357 Sig, and a couple .357 Mag. Bought a Browning Buck Mark Practical last week, and been having loads of fun with it for about 4 cents a round.

" In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

I purchased some 550ct 22LR from Wally world yesterday. It was $19.97. I paid $16.97 for it 3 months ago and $14.97 for it 6 months ago. Itís a shame but prices seem to be rising.

What ticked me off more than the prices rising was the discussion I had with the Walmart associate who straight out told me he has a list of people he calls when ammo arrives and that they buy the bulk of what he gets in the store.

My local WW just raised prices on the WWB 9mm/100rds from $21.97 to $23.97

Quote Originally Posted by EVO80 View Post
    I purchased some 550ct 22LR from Wally world yesterday. It was $19.97. I paid $16.97 for it 3 months ago and $14.97 for it 6 months ago. Itís a shame but prices seem to be rising.
    Don't know about WM here, but Cabela's has it at $21.99 and a LGS at $18.99. That's been the price at these two locations for the last year.

What ticked me off more than the prices rising was the discussion I had with the Walmart associate who straight out told me he has a list of people he calls when ammo arrives and that they buy the bulk of what he gets in the store.
    Then get on his list; or be waiting when the truck arrives.

I don't really have all that much problem with it. The whole world revolves around either being in the right place at the right time or having an inside track.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    does it surprize anyone that prices have risen?...supply and demand rules and i am shocked it hasnt gone higher...walmart is still the best price going unless youre going big time bulk online...

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Don't know about WM here, but Cabela's has it at $21.99 and a LGS at $18.99. That's been the price at these two locations for the last year.

Then get on his list; or be waiting when the truck arrives.

I don't really have all that much problem with it. The whole world revolves around either being in the right place at the right time or having an inside track.
    Our local WW limits buyers to 6 boxes of pistol ammo each. I have stooped so low as to have my wife come back in to buy the extra 6 boxes...
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

i have a .40 and have been buying ammo for only 2 months. That said, my local WW stores (multiple) all have the same prices, and they have indeed gone up in the last 60 days for the same brand of FMJ .40 180 gr ammo. The Winchester white box went from $13 and change to $15 and change, which is still cheaper than you can get online without committing to 500 rounds or more, no matter whose brand.

The Federal .40 they used to charge $16.97 and are now up to $17.95. Neither the Winchester nor the Federal are in stock in any kind of regular or reliable manner.

Latest 10 day outlook it seemed that all the local WWs had received Huuuuuge stock inlays of every caliber under the sun. Policies still 6 per person. Newer/previously unrepresented brands are now appearing on the shelf, and folks both locally and online seem to be asking themselves who are these new manufacturers and what is the quality of the ammunition.

RWS has been referred to in many threads. UMC as well. I recently bit the bullet and committed to 500 rounds of the Remington UMC yellow box of 250 rounds per box 180gr .40 S&W which calls itself "metal case". I made the clerk open it and show me whether or not "metal" meant brass. (it did). I shot 150 rounds of it the same day and had no reason for concern. Those UMC boxes represent the least expensive price I have found online or in person for FMJ brass-case factory loaded ammunition -- was $69 and change per box or roughly $0.27 per bullet. Anything in the 27c per bullet range online appears to be either once-fireds or reloads without reference to how many times the casing has been fired.

Thought it was worth the price paid. Just my 2 cents. If WW is going to alternate brands in order to keep customers in ammo, more power to them. Certainly am happy that instead of only providing a more expensive alternate, they also found a less expensive alternate....
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

Hmmm, the Federal .40 when found here is going for $13.97 a box.
    About 1 out of every 3 visits to walmart I can find some.

.45 on the other hand is a different story. I hear tell from some of their associates that it occasionally comes in, but I haven't seen any in the walmarts around here in months. Saturday the clerk told me they had a few boxes come in Friday and sold out within a couple hours.

I waited the better part of 45 minutes today while the people there tried to find the key to the cabinet. The local academy is only a couple dollars more a box and I would have that 45 minutes of my life back. I am actually to the point of not shopping there at all.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    My local WW just raised prices on the WWB 9mm/100rds from $21.97 to $23.97
    yeah, same here. They finally have had some WWB 9mm 115gr fmj in stock over the past two weeks, but it used to be $19.97 per 100and is now $23.97 here too.

I just ordered 1000 bullets from Barrys for $80 and free shipping. I can now reload range ammo for under $6 per box of 50, or about $11 per hundred. It used to not be worth it to reload 9mm when you could get Blazer Brass for $8.97 at WW. Nowadays, the price difference makes it worthwhile. Of course, it also helps to not have to hunt for the stuff when you want to go shooting.

I dont think we will ever see the prices back to what they were before this idiocy began. I also think my days of buying factory ammo to shoot at paper with are over. I am not even interested in whether or not the stores have ammo amymore. They have lost me as a customer as far as that goes.

The calibers I don't reload for aren't being shot. I'm not shooting them until I get some dies to reload them too. Right now all my shooting is .38special and 9mm since that is what I have been reloading the most. At least I won't be adding to the shortages of over-priced store ammo any more.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

I gave up on WallyWorld for ammo a long time ago. Just happened to be in there Easter Sunday, they had several cases of 9mm for $16+change per box, so I got 2 boxes. I'm not going to get too excited about it, just pay the price wherever whenever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links