9mm ammo in bulk -- 2000rds, $450 @ SurplusAmmo

This is a discussion on 9mm ammo in bulk -- 2000rds, $450 @ SurplusAmmo within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; FYI If you are having troubles finding 9mm target ammo in sufficient quantities, SurplusAmmo.com has PMC 9mm FMJ 115gr ammunition in stock by the case. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm ammo in bulk -- 2000rds, $450 @ SurplusAmmo

Exclamation 9mm ammo in bulk -- 2000rds, $450 @ SurplusAmmo

FYI

If you are having troubles finding 9mm target ammo in sufficient quantities, SurplusAmmo.com has PMC 9mm FMJ 115gr ammunition in stock by the case. Price as of 3/27 is $450 per 2000 (2 1Krd cases): click.

There are other types there by the case and half-case as well. Such as steel-cased Sellier & Bellot, for $105 per 500rds (steel cased) 9mm FMJ 115gr. Remington UMC "green" box 9mm FMJ 115gr for $250 per 1000rd case. Winchester 9mm FMJ "encapsulated" 147gr in 1000rd cases.

PMC is of South Korean manufacture.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

I would think that buying bulk would get you a better price than $11.25 for 50.

Especially when Wally World is still $9.47 for a box of 50.

Buying in bulk should get you a discount. IMHO
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetchuck View Post

Good point. But, that's if it's available, and if someone can get out of the store with 2000rds. Many report various restrictions and shenanigans, at local stores, from general lack of availability to "reserving" boxes for "special" customers or uses.

Anyway. FYI. Looks like ammo is beginning to become more available, all around. Many calibers are starting to be obtainable in larger quantities again.

Looks like a fairly good price. The last price I paid by the thousand for 9mm was from ammunition to go on Speer Lawman and it was in that same range.

Depending on whether you pay shipping or not, even WallyWorlds price of 10 bucks by the time you pay tax you really come out about the same.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Looks like a fairly good price. The last price I paid by the thousand for 9mm was from ammunition to go on Speer Lawman and it was in that same range.

Depending on whether you pay shipping or not, even WallyWorlds price of 10 bucks by the time you pay tax you really come out about the same.
    Yup, just about my thinking. Some of the case-lot type shops have got their shipping costs down pat. Many will even cover freight, if you do 1Krds or greater.

What I rue is the day that I failed to stock up on DoubleTap 9mm 124gr JHP GD +P's when they were $340 per thousand. That seems downright cheap by today's standards, and that was just over 2yrs ago. Had my crystal ball been working, I'd have picked up a dozen 1Krd cases. *sigh*

Bulk WalMart ammo

As an NRA Instructor and small FFL dealer, I find myself grabbing the maximum amount (6 boxes) of Federal Champion 9mm every chance I get. I have 3 wholesalers and cannot touch the WalMart price of 9.47 per 50/box. The next closest is PMC and none of the 3 have any in stock. I have resorted to online sources, and right now ammo is not the profit maker for my business that everyone thinks. Surplus Ammo is one of my favorite sources, but orders under 10,000 rounds kill me on shipping. Another favorite source was Widener's, but over the last month,they have all but sold out of all the popular handgun calibers. All 3 wholesalers have lots of nasty stuff E-shock, Cor-Bon, and the like, but most of the calls I take don't want ammo in that price range, the sad part is I know these people are carrying ball ammo in their gun, (they don't want to hear about shooting thru your attacker). I have a source for Gold Dot, but even at less than $1 a round, I'm told that I am too high on price.
    In short, there are many sources online, remember ammo is heavy, and some ship it as haz-mat, and you need to verify shipping and associated fees, a good deal can go south at the checkout real quick if you aren't careful, I have had shipping costs double on me when I got the invoice. Shoot safe, carry responsibly. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by BuehlerBros View Post
    ... I find myself grabbing the maximum amount (6 boxes) of Federal Champion 9mm every chance I get. I have 3 wholesalers and cannot touch the WalMart price of 9.47 per 50/box. The next closest is PMC and none of the 3 have any in stock.

... but orders under 10,000 rounds kill me on shipping.

I have a source for Gold Dot, but even at less than $1 a round, I'm told that I am too high on price.
    Each source is different. Each deal is different. Very often, a given deal at a source comes and goes, with price, as supply is found. Good reminder on the variability of price, and "extras" like shipping, hazmat.

But at a time when 1000rd and 2000rd lots of ammo of many calibers have been tough to find, I've been noticing a few different deals start coming through in the past few months.

SurplusAmmo.com happens to have Lake City SS109 62gr "green tip" cartridges ofr $370 a case of 1000. That's about $175 less than the best price I could find four years ago at a time when .223 was getting tough to find.

AmmunitionToGo.com has had some good deals recently, in 9mm and .45ACP case lots. Recently, 1000rds of .45ACP Speer Gold Dot defensive ammo was $560, though it would take a few cases to get them to nix shipping costs.

AmmoMan.com makes "free shipping" a traditional benefit, and they've often got great deals on many case lots of many calibers at the same time. Of course, it's a popular place, so availability can disappear the moment folks hear about a new supply having arrived.

Comes and goes.

Anyway, I hope the notices on these end up helping folks who might be finding it tough to acquire cases of certain calibers, now and then.

At the time I'm adding this reply, I found Brown Bear 9mm for $8.19 at Cheaper than Dirt.

I used AmmoEngine: 9mm / 9x19mm Parabellum (Luger), Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals to find it.

Bought a case of .38sp two months ago for around $13/50, from Widner's if I remember right.

That's a pretty useful tool.

Doesn't seem to know about AmmoMan, SurplusAmmo, even Wal-Mart and a few other discount oriented ammo sites, though. The FAQ suggests they're adding 1-2 new sites each week or so. If they can keep it updated to "see" these other sources, it might really help folks find some deals.

The ammo distributors (the actual wholesalers, not the bulk mail order dealers) can't get product and when they do it's often more than what you would get paying retail from the bulk dealers. I've been fortunate enough to be able to supply my LGS with ammunition they need and can't find. 9/40/45 came back for the most part, except the .45 was only a case and it went fast. A lot of people shoot .45 here and it's always short on supply. .45 outsells 9mm and .40 3 to 1. Which stinks because I'm loading about 9,000 rounds of 9mm right now and my tiny LGS doesn't buy in that quantity. Bummer.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I have always found "gun-deals" a great tool

gun-deals.com - User-Submitted Gun & Ammunition Deals

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetchuck View Post

I don't know what wally world (walmart) you're shopping at but here it's about $20 for 50 rounds. That's even if there's stock around me. So I'll take what I can get from any source when I'm purchasing ammo. Luckily I have enough stock to last a long time, except .45acp which I will pick up some more of soon.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That's a pretty useful tool.

Doesn't seem to know about AmmoMan, SurplusAmmo, even Wal-Mart and a few other discount oriented ammo sites, though. The FAQ suggests they're adding 1-2 new sites each week or so. If they can keep it updated to "see" these other sources, it might really help folks find some deals.
    If only Wal-Mart would list ammo on their web site!
    I think Lucky-Gunner.com is the only site they've actually added since I started checking it last fall.
    It's an automated system, and sometimes there are errors. Yesterday they had .22LR for .01/rd. When I checked the link it had actually mistaken the feet per second as rounds per box.
    They also sometimes list a .38 short catagory. No such round! It's actually linking to .38 sp ammo that's specially made for snubbies.
    It's not perfect, but usually pretty useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    I think Lucky-Gunner.com is the only site they've actually added since I started checking it last fall.
    The more I think about it, the more it seems similar to Google's "Product" search, which essentially finds sources for an item: .243 Winchester XP3.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The more I think about it, the more it seems similar to Google's "Product" search, which essentially finds sources for an item: .243 Winchester XP3.
    One main difference is ammoengine.com only lists the ones in stock. Granted, occasionally I've found one sold out when I looked late in the evening many hours after the last refresh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links