What in the world is a "devastator" bullet??

This is a discussion on What in the world is a "devastator" bullet?? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ZRow1 Devastator Ammo for sale here . . . Devastator Ammo From their web site ... It's Awesome! It's Powerful! It's the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What in the world is a "devastator" bullet??

Quote Originally Posted by ZRow1 View Post
    Devastator Ammo for sale here . . . Devastator Ammo
    From their web site ...

It's Awesome! It's Powerful! It's the Ultimate in Self-Defense ammo! Devastator ammunition is designed to produce one shot stops and eliminate the dangers of pass through shots. Its devastating knockdown power comes from the hollow point cavity in each round being filled with a special Detano-Expanding compound. Devastator ammo grossly expands on impact to insure 100% maximum energy is delivered to the target and reduces the chance of a pass through. This makes Devastator with Detonating Tips the ultimate ammo for home defense, personal protection and law enforcement applications. Six rounds per pack.
    Note that this is the verbage for .22 LR!!!!!

What a crock of pure, unadulterated BS!!!

Unfortunately, there are a lot of ignorant shooters (and ignorant non-shooters, as well) who will actually believe this nonsense.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    From their web site ...

Note that this is the verbage for .22 LR!!!!!

What a crock of pure, unadulterated BS!!!

Unfortunately, there are a lot of ignorant shooters (and ignorant non-shooters, as well) who will actually believe this nonsense.

aaaah, Marketing, were would we be with out Marketing.

I'm sure there are many squirrels, snakes, mice and other vermin quaking in there boots
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    aaaah, Marketing, were would we be with out Marketing.

I'm sure there are many squirrels, snakes, mice and other vermin quaking in there boots
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

You yutes are really young i guess

Back in the day when you could sit at your kitchen table and order a S&W .44 magnum and have it delivered to your mail box...in the day when you could mail the US Army a $20 bill and they would ship you a real nice surplus M-1 carbine again and stick it inside the screen door if nobody was home...There was real Devastator rds.. They were drilled out and fulmanate of mercury was put in the cavity with a small pistol primer. It would blow a watermelon up real good with just the .22 version.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Way to dredge an 18 month old thread! I wonder though, in the ".22 version" how does a .175" diameter pistol primer fit into a .22" diameter bullet and leave any structure that holds the projectile together.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    First off it's not a pistol primer that sits in the HP cavity, secondly the advertising verbage you saw above is simply the verbage they use for all their ammo calibers. All "devastators" are is normal HP's filled with a compound that "explodes" on impact, supposedly giving you more expansion and "knock-down" power. Not really a horrible idea when you think about it, but I wouldn't trust some random company that charges 14.99 for six.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Check these out

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    First off it's not a pistol primer that sits in the HP cavity, secondly the advertising verbage you saw above is simply the verbage they use for all their ammo calibers. All "devastators" are is normal HP's filled with a compound that "explodes" on impact, supposedly giving you more expansion and "knock-down" power. Not really a horrible idea when you think about it, but I wouldn't trust some random company that charges 14.99 for six.

I make "devastator" .22 ammo. More like incendiary, yet still have the same effect. They are not hard to make, never had one fail. It is cost effective, just time consuming. They are super fun to shoot! First video is demonstrating what they are, and what they can do. Second is a test on different material. Enjoy!

Explosive .22 Ammo BEST (Incendiary) - YouTube

.22lr Explosive Incendiary Devastator tests - YouTube

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links