Defensive Carry banner

Winchester PDX1 in 380 Auto??!?!

9K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Gimpee 
#1 ·
So I was searching to see when the new PDX1 ammo is going to be made in 380 Auto... I didn't think it was coming out until June or July of this year. Guess I was wrong? Midway has it listed on their website as available, I called their customer support and the guy said "I didn't think we had ANY 380 available, but it looks like we do." It says that it should ship by April 14th.......Something just feels weird. Could it be a mistake? Has anyone seen ANY of this ammo around, because I sure haven't? I love the 124 +p and 147gr loads in my 9mm pistols.

#6 ·
Not sure about the PDX1 in .380, but I just put some down range on Thursday in .45 acp. All I have to say is WOW - extremely accurate, feeds well - highly recommend for .45 acp.

#7 ·
Precisely! I currently carry the PDX1 in 40 cal, and all my 9mm pistols. I can't wait for the 380 to get here! Now I have 7 different 380 loads to test. I already got the Knox Gelatine to make ballistics gel, and the winner will be my carry load........

- Remington UMC JHP
- Speer GD
- Corbon DPX
- Remington Golden Saber
- Federal Hydrashock Reduced Recoil
- Hornady Critical Defense
- Winchester PDX1

#9 ·
The PDX1 for .45 has been readily available at WalMart for several months now. It also appears to be available online through Natchez.

#16 ·
I use it in my 40 and love it.
Same here!
I tested out some of the 180gr stuff (Winchester white box labeled "Bonded", same bullet) over the weekend with some water jugs. Very impressive. Went thru three and a half water jugs and was found in the fourth. Expansion was very nice also. Definately good carry ammo if I must say so myself.

#15 ·
Well mine came in today too! Boy it sure is some sexy looking 380 ammo :image035:

I won't be able to do the gel test this weekend, but have a date planned with my wife to do it the following weekend. She wants to go make a day of it, trap/skeet shoot, pistol practice, and ballistic testing.....SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DATE TO ME!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.