So my wife, the amazing lady that she is, just allowed me to buy a Kimber Pro CDP 2 1911. I am totally excited for it to get here!!! (pics and thread to come once it does...) I went out and bought some ammo today for it, and when I got it home I realized all of the different ammo types that are sitting in my safe:
- .22lr for plinking
- .380 for my TCP and my wife's Bersa Thunder
- 9mm for my EDC, both FMJ and JHP
- .38sp for plinking with the revolver
- .357 mag for defense loads in the revolver
- .40 for the first carry gun I owned, both FMJ and JHP
- .45 for the new 1911
- .223 for the EBR
- 7mm Rem Mag for the elk rifle
- 12ga for the HD shotgun and the turkey gun
Good grief, I just realized that there are 10 different calibers in my safe, not to mention some .32 ammo that I got in a deal that I need to get rid of!
Do you guys find yourself in the same boat, or do you streamline your holdings to just keep one pistol caliber and one rifle caliber? I have really expanded my collection in the past 12 months or so, and that has brought a lot of different calibers my way. I'm having fun and not opposed at all, just thought I would see what your experience is.