What do you put in your PPK?

This is a discussion on What do you put in your PPK? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you who own a PPK... what do you fill it with for protection purposes? I like the Federal 90 grain Hi-Shok JHPs, ...

Thread: What do you put in your PPK?

For those of you who own a PPK... what do you fill it with for protection purposes? I like the Federal 90 grain Hi-Shok JHPs, but I'm open to other options if someone has used something they particularly like.

Administrator
    I use Gold Dot JHP but, mostly just because it feeds & ejects 100% & is about as good as any of the other stuff in .380.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    on .380 or .38 spec for that matter i just am not that picky on ammo my thoughts are proper placement and anything the ammo expands is just a bonus . i just load what my ppk/s shoots well which happens to be fiochi hp's if it liked ball better i would shoot ball . my kel-tech i cant shoot well enough to tell past 15 yards or so so it eats the same diet as the ppks
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    In all of my .380s I carry ball ammunition. test have shown that from the short barreled .380s there is none to very little expansion with hollow points and the ones that do, penitration is inadequate, especially if the BG is wearing heavy clothing.

So for reliability of feeding and function and the need to get where it has to be, I use ball ammo in my .32s and .380s.

Jungle Work

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    FMJ's for me too

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

fmj ammo for my kel-tec 380. but the round in the pipe is a gold dot. backup mags have ball ammo. my kel-tec does not to feed hp ammo, even after the f&b and other work.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Speer Gold Dots, 90g JHP.
    Curry

I dont have a ppk but I have a bersa 380 which im sure you know is sort of a clone of it. In mine I used to run hydrashoks and they worked great for cycling but I wasnt happy with the penetration I saw. I found a box of mountaineer custom cartridge rounds at a local gun shop and decided to do some research. I found out that they are a small shop in I think west va(not 100% sure on that) and that they supply a few police departments with ammo. They use a hornaday 90grain xtp bullet with a custom load(within pressure limits) and the combination is VERY accurate and seems to have good penetration b/c the xtp is know not to be a great expander. Thats what I use and absolutely love it.

Sponsored Links