Winchester "White Box"

This is a discussion on Winchester "White Box" within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally posted by JT I reboxed the Winchester to store it better, and usually had an extra round. Maybe their quality control is to add ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Winchester "White Box"

Originally posted by JTI reboxed the Winchester to store it better, and usually had an extra round. Maybe their quality control is to add one, to reduce the risk of being short.
    Glad I'm not going crazy! I've noticed this several times with the 9mm 100-round boxes.

The WWB's accurate enough for practice, and it's the cheapest decent thing going. It IS dirty stuff, though. I can notice a very measurable difference between the residue left in the gun by WWB and that left by the Federal American Eagle red-box .45 stuff.

2. Remove Ads

Rickman
    I shoot them as well. In fact, I should probably go get some more tonight. Lately every time I go they are out of them. Maybe that means many are getting firearms for Christmas.

I've shot about 1500 rds of White Box in .40S&W with absolutely no problems, both in practice and USPSA matches. Accuracy was also fine through my P-16.
    Didn't notice any more brass particles than with any other type of ammo.

Shoot it a lot, at least, until I got my reloading gear! I carry Win White 115gr JHP, and don\'t feel bad - Evan Marhall tested it, and it performs right up there with the big bys!

I get Winchester White Box at thelocal Walmart. The clerks there were even so kind as to ask me about chambering problems. They said some of the .45 does not chamber quite right and if I had a problem to bring it back. No complaints about that service from Walmart and the WWB functioned without fault. I do not shoot as much as many of you do, but have probably gone through 500 to 600 rounds.

Wife and I use WWB .45 on the average to the tune of 600rds per month per pistol. Accuracy is decent, and it feed with no problem in either of our 1911's. There is a gun show comingup soon here to the Vegas area and I will likely pick up to 1k cases of .45.

~A

Originally posted by Prospector
    Since December 2003, I've used the good ole Wal Mart Winchester cheapies in my Beretta 96 9mm....I've fired close to 12,000 rounds of it .....hadn't had a problem yet....however, just bought a Kimber Eclipse Pro II so I'll let ya know how the .45 ammo does.
    Sure you dont mean 92 with 9mm, or .40 cal with 96?

Ridgerunner
    You simply can't beat WWB for price. I don't carry it in my carry guns but I would bet there are a lot of people that do. On the range you can't beat it. :kay:

dirtier than duty ammo

white box in .45 ACP is quite a bit dirtier than my Speer Gold Dot .45 duty ammo. I noticed it when cleaning after our fall qualification.

Another good .45 acp range ammo is Blazer Brass. If you shop around, one or the other will be cheaper. Both work great in the range.

I've been using the whitebox ammo for some time. Great for target and range. Good price,and if you talk to the Sports Dept manager,they can order you cases of ammo at a time.;)

I use the wwb for the range all the time in .45 and .40. I'm very happy with it.

Use it all the time.

.45, 9mm, .38, and .357. Never had a problem with it in any gun in any way.

Probably 10,000 rds.

I sometimes get extra rounds of the 9mm but never the .45.

sensei

Man that is all I ever use for range use, I have never had any problems with it.

yup...use it all the time for the range (read desert) I use the WWB 165 gr .40 ValuPak and carry Remington 165 gr Golden Sabers.

Ive got about 500 rounds of WWB onhand...gotta go get more as soon as WallyWorld restocks!

Never had a problem with it....Ive heard people say its dirtier,,but your gonna clean it anyway right...?????:rock:

I love the stuff......I've fired thousands upon thousands of rounds of WWB 9mm without a single failure of the round. Love the pricing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links