Last time I buy PMC ammo for my G36

This is a discussion on Last time I buy PMC ammo for my G36 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was out yesterday at the range sighting in my new Henry 22LR lever action w/Octogon barrel. After I was done with the Henry, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last time I buy PMC ammo for my G36

I was out yesterday at the range sighting in my new Henry 22LR lever action w/Octogon barrel. After I was done with the Henry, I decided to try out a box of PMC .45 ammo I had just picked up. I hadn't planned on shooting the .45 but it was a last second decision to bring along a box I've never shot before. From the very first shot, practically every round jammed me up. I continuous stove pipes. Needless to say I was quite upset. I normally fire Federal, Winchester or even HSM and never had any issues with jamming.

So I ended up throwing a few of my CC rounds, Corbon 165 gr +P, downrange to make sure it wasn't the G36. Of course, it performed exactly like it should. I won't be buying PMC ammo again. Has anyone else out there had any issues with PMC ammo?

At least on a good note, the Henry performed flawlessly and is a joy to shoot.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    The PMC .223 I have bought before functioned fine (although quite dirty) the primers are crimped making it a pain to reload too.

Honestly I have bought very little .45 ammo recently as it is still hard to find around here and expensive as all get out when I do. Reloading with leadsafe 200gr bullets and unique or bullseye powder keeps shooting .45 alot affordable.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf87 View Post
    I was out yesterday at the range sighting in my new Henry 22LR lever action w/Octogon barrel. After I was done with the Henry, I decided to try out a box of PMC .45 ammo I had just picked up. I hadn't planned on shooting the .45 but it was a last second decision to bring along a box I've never shot before. From the very first shot, practically every round jammed me up. I continuous stove pipes. Needless to say I was quite upset. I normally fire Federal, Winchester or even HSM and never had any issues with jamming.

So I ended up throwing a few of my CC rounds, Corbon 165 gr +P, downrange to make sure it wasn't the G36. Of course, it performed exactly like it should. I won't be buying PMC ammo again. Has anyone else out there had any issues with PMC ammo?

At least on a good note, the Henry performed flawlessly and is a joy to shoot.
    It happens...my Ruger SR9c HATES WWB..just does not do well with it..it eats ANYTHING else ive tried Remington UMC in round nose and hollow points, American Eagle 147 grain flat points,Federal round nose,Blazer in both aluminum and brass, ive got 700 rounds of that ammo in it and ZERO malfunctions..with WWB it gets light primer hits at least 1-5 times a box of 50...and the primer hits on ALL the rest are just fine...so I just avoid WWB lol...its not unusual and happens from time to time.

JT
    I’ve never had a problem with PMC .223, 9mm, or .38 Special.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

PMC .45acp works well out of my Kahr P45.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Thanks for the info guys. That's the first time I've come acrossed such a large amount of consecutive rounds that just don't like to be fired in a certain gun.

It's been a long time since I've shot PMC ammo. However, I do remember it being rather dirty.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Never had any issues with the 9mm or .40s&w.
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    It is always interesting when a certain load is rejected by an individual gun.

My HK45 has digested box after box of PMC (it's what my range carries for ammo) without a complaint.

One of those interesting combinations of stacked tolerances, I guess.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

No problems with PMC (had very little) ammo in my G-36 or Kimber.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can't say I've ever run any PMC 45auto ammo through any of my current or previous .45acp pistols. I've run a bunch of it through a lot of other stuff in pistol and rifle and never had any problems. You might have run across a batch made on Friday around 3pm or something.

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I've run a lot of PMC through my KelTec .380 with no problems
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

would be interesting

If you had any of the pmc left to pull a round down and weigh the charge to compare.
    just a thought because the only malfunction mentioned was a stove pipe not a FTF which would have me sniffing around a light charge.
    I always buy carry ammo in quantities large enough from the same batch # to test and then load up to carry.

My Kimber Ultra Carry II CDP had a double feed with PMC. It was a brand new box and about the last round in the mag. It was a bear to clear, I had the be re-started.

I assumed it was the pistol since it was a 3" 1911 and I've always heard sub-compacts tend to jam more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links