RWS 9mm ammo @ Walmart

This is a discussion on RWS 9mm ammo @ Walmart within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was riding my bike today, and made three stops at three different Walmart stores. I noticed that they had a more than ample supply ...

Thread: RWS 9mm ammo @ Walmart

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar

RWS 9mm ammo @ Walmart

I was riding my bike today, and made three stops at three different Walmart stores. I noticed that they had a more than ample supply of RWS 9mm ammo, imported from Switzerland.

Two of the stores were selling the RWS for $16.49 a box of 50 (which I guess accounts for the more than ample supply) while the third store was selling them for $12.49. I noticed that Winchester & Remington 9mm are selling for $13.50 a box.

Anyhow, I managed to score one box of Remington 380 ammo for $17.39. Something I haven't seen at Wally World in ages.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That .380 was less than half price.

That must be the Orange box, I am from Georgia and i dont buy anything Orange.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomofchoice View Post
    RWS 9mm ammo, imported from Switzerland
    RWS and the (new) parent company are German. Was your ammo marked as coming from Switzerland? The reason I ask is that Switzerland is a signatory to the UN's small-arms treaty and has stopped exporting its excellent GP11 ammo for Schmidt-Rubin carbines. I'd be surprised if any commercial Swiss ammo was exported as well.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIETWISTER View Post
    That must be the Orange box, I am from Georgia and i dont buy anything Orange.
    That is undoubtedly due to your instinctual hatred of both the Tennessee and Florida shades of Orange.

How do you feel about Kentucky Blue?

I personally don't own any clothing article that is Red. But it is not because of your beloved Bulldogs. Louisville Cardinal Red is the despised shade here in the commonwealth. I personally like Georgia and routinely root for them against most other teams (I think UGA is the best mascot in college sports!). Georgia has a beautiful stadium and campus as well!

If it wasn't for hunting season (hunter orange=UT orange) I wouldn't own any orange either! If a poll was taken on which of the 12 SEC schools is the most hated by the others, I would wager that UT and UF would top the list!
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

Quote Originally Posted by bgglock View Post
    If a poll was taken on which of the 12 SEC schools is the most hated by the others, I would wager that UT and UF would top the list!
    Couldnt agree more.
    Drew Steele NREMT-P
    Kimber Custom 2 TLE
    Glock 23
    Glock 36
    Sig 229
    Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    RWS is a subsidiary of the RUAG Group of companies. They make fine products, not just ammunition. Also aerospace and machine tools. They produce hunting, law enforcement and military ammo. In addition to ammo they also produce all the components like cases, primers, bullets and such.

RUAG - Hunting & Sports

RWS also produces pellet ammunition which is second to none in the industry IMO. Not that this means anything at all.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bgglock View Post
    That is undoubtedly due to your instinctual hatred of both the Tennessee and Florida shades of Orange.

How do you feel about Kentucky Blue?

I personally don't own any clothing article that is Red. But it is not because of your beloved Bulldogs. Louisville Cardinal Red is the despised shade here in the commonwealth. I personally like Georgia and routinely root for them against most other teams (I think UGA is the best mascot in college sports!). Georgia has a beautiful stadium and campus as well!

If it wasn't for hunting season (hunter orange=UT orange) I wouldn't own any orange either! If a poll was taken on which of the 12 SEC schools is the most hated by the others, I would wager that UT and UF would top the list!

YEP, and Clemson and Tony Stewart- (used to drive orange) although I will root for Clemson sometimes.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic174 View Post
    Couldnt agree more.
    As a UT fan, I think pretty much everyone on the SEC can agree Florida would probably top the list.

The RWS 9mm ammo available at our local Wal Marts started out a rather ridiculous price in our area once it was on the shelves. $16 something for 50rd box. Saw some more yesterday at WM and they've dropped some to $12.49 per box. I have no need to even think about it since the WWB 100ct was sitting right next to it for $23.97. Our local WMs have plenty of ammo in stock these days although there seems to be runs on 45acp ammo of any kind. Somebody beat me to four boxes of it yesterday as I was apparently ten minutes too late from what the clerk told me.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    RWS and the (new) parent company are German. Was your ammo marked as coming from Switzerland? The reason I ask is that Switzerland is a signatory to the UN's small-arms treaty and has stopped exporting its excellent GP11 ammo for Schmidt-Rubin carbines. I'd be surprised if any commercial Swiss ammo was exported as well.

On the box was printed either : "Made in Switzerland" or "Product of Switzerland"

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

here is there web site..IN english..RWS - RWS Munition - Die Marke RWS

this ammo:http://www.gunslot.com/files/gunslot/images/66758.jpg

Is imported throught Fiocchi...

This ammo is at 124g in 9mm and is steel jacket ammo and most ranges are not allowing it due to the sparks (from what i've heard) on the back stops.. I maybe wrong?IDK...

It's good to hear that ammo is comming into the stores more often.

XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I got to UT and I can honestly say our 2 biggest rivals are Florida followed closely by Georgia.....

Back on topic I have been considering buying some of that swiss ammo. My local wal-mart has it for 12 something a box which isn't bad. And it's 124 grain which is nice.

Links