Walmart .40

This is a discussion on Walmart .40 within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wally is stocking Winchester .40 S&W 165 GR FMJ 100 CT @ $27.97 plus tax. That's a good deal! They are also selling 185 GR ...

Thread: Walmart .40

Distinguished Member

Walmart .40

Wally is stocking Winchester .40 S&W 165 GR FMJ 100 CT @ $27.97 plus tax.
    That's a good deal!
    They are also selling 185 GR FMJ 250 CT at the same unit cost (about $69 and change).
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for posting, I'll check my Wallie World and see if they have any up here.

I ran across some 135 grain Federal .40 S&W JHP's for $22 or $23 at the WW near here (person co. nc) ... Hadn't seen them around previously. The opening looks like an ashtray when compared to the 180 gr. JHP. It's not listed on the Federal web site - some posting on the web raised the possibility that it may be stuff originally intended for ICE or some fed agency & was either an over-run or dropped.

Nick
    Retired FBOP
    NRA Life member

I think during the ammo shortages, Walmart was pre ordering ammo from everywhere just to keep something on the shelves. Now they're starting to receive it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Just bought a 50ct box of Winchester white at one of my local Waly Worlds yesterday for $16.97. They didn't have the 100ct boxes, but what you paid was a good deal considering twice what I paid for half that. I think I bought this one since they were lacking anything in the 45acp actually and this might have been my first alternate buy that I can remember. I've never seen any 185gr in the 40S&W available around here. The 165gr FMJ here is actually more than the 180gr for some reason. I generally buy the 180gr for range use and it's mostly what's available. This way, range practice with the 180 gr comes close to the feel of the 155-165gr PD loads available for CC. I'm a real fan of the 40S&W caliber especially with the Glock pistols.
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I think during the ammo shortages, Walmart was pre ordering ammo from everywhere just to keep something on the shelves. Now they're starting to receive it.
    You know...you may be right! That explains what I've seen lately on the shelves at my local WM stores.
    LOL! Hoping they get overstocked and have some sales now! I can wish right?
    Yeah...sales on ammo would be like sales on gasoline. I'll come back down to earth tomorrow if you don't mind.

At my local WalMart, I've been buying Federal 180gr FMJ for about $14 for 50.
    Knowing is half the battle.

yep ive seen the Federal PP rounds 135g in 40cal.. also wally is carrying winchester jhp pdx1 rounds too..i pick up a box..it was 23 for the box of 20

I use Federal 180g for both my XD and XDm 40 ,cheapest target i can find..

just need to get some .380 to shoot...
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

Yep, Winchester White box 100ct. in 165grain FMJ. Real good deal since when I do carry my 40S&W my self defense ammo is Federal HST 165grain HP. I like to practice with the same weight ammo that I carry for personal defense.

Quote Originally Posted by nikdfish View Post
    I ran across some 135 grain Federal .40 S&W JHP's for $22 or $23 at the WW near here (person co. nc) ... Hadn't seen them around previously. The opening looks like an ashtray when compared to the 180 gr. JHP. It's not listed on the Federal web site - some posting on the web raised the possibility that it may be stuff originally intended for ICE or some fed agency & was either an over-run or dropped.

Nick
    It's a stock, standard production round.

Federal Premium - Handgun Ballistics

Bottom two listings.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Walmart here hasn't had .40 in stock here for at least 6 months...other calibers, yes, just not .40.
    "Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice; ammo is cheap, life is expensive."

CMR
    The Wally World's I've been to doesn't have squat in handgun ammo.....pretty empty shelves.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Bought me some wally world .40 and 9mm target rounds yesterday. I don't stock pile since I shoot a couple hundred round per week, but I do pick up what I can every time I'm in there.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I've been buying the 180 gr Federal FMJ for less than $14/50. I've really been happy that it is constantly in stock the last few months. The WWB has also been available, but is a little more expensive.

Regards,
    Josh

Links