What about Extreme Shock ammo?

This is a discussion on What about Extreme Shock ammo? within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone here every used, tried, tested, trusted, or carried the Extreme Shock brand of ammo. Seems they have the Air Freedom Round, very little ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about Extreme Shock ammo?

What about Extreme Shock ammo?

Has anyone here every used, tried, tested, trusted, or carried the Extreme Shock brand of ammo.

Seems they have the Air Freedom Round, very little penetration on hard objects but good on soft tissue.

Then the Fang Face round which penetrates more.

Then the Enhanced Penetration round which is even more penetrating but IT IS NOT A Hollow Point, due to my NJ Hollow Point post I started with Google.

The Air Freedom or FangFace sound like a pretty good combo if you live in an apartment or cheap hotel. No over penetration but if you hit soft tissue, then massive devastation. I know that these two won't meet the FBI penetration test but I do feel a lot of ammo for different types of self defense (stop the threat) could be somewhat less penetrating.

What do I mean by that? Why not have the first round or two in the chamber and magazine be one that is less penetrating then have those followed by hollow points, especially if the main threat may be coyotes or pit bulls or bad guys in summer clothes.

Just a thought. Opinions? I am sure there are.

Later, Lumpy.

2. Remove Ads

Glock 19 Gen. 4
    Ranger T 127+P+
    Gold Dot 124+P

It's great for killing Ninja's. Garbage for anything else
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

If I'm looking for a non-hollowpoint for use in New Jersey I'll stick with Corbon Power Ball or Federal EFMJ thank you.

I used to be inclined to stick with hardball in a .45 ACP, but a recent letter confirming the acceptance of those two rounds lead me to favor them over hardball ammo in New Jersey.

As for Extreme Shock and other "cool" named ammo, no thank you. I have better things to spend my money on, even if the better things cost more. Try to explain to a jury why your ammo is named as it is. I'll wait here.

Biker

Wish I could help, but I have never used it for anything. Read some on it, but the proof is putting it to use on something live, and it aint huntin season yet.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I would never depend on ammunition that had to resort to names like Fang Face to get marketed. So gimmickry.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

All manufacturer's hype; no substantive performance.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

IMO, I would stick with what LEOs use....versus some manufacturer's hyped up round (hat tip: Majorlk)
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

A waste of money.. Just get a good quality HP... Speer, Win., HST, Golden Saber, etc.. and you will be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    If I'm looking for a non-hollowpoint for use in New Jersey I'll stick with Corbon Power Ball or Federal EFMJ thank you.

I used to be inclined to stick with hardball in a .45 ACP, but a recent letter confirming the acceptance of those two rounds lead me to favor them over hardball ammo in New Jersey.

As for Extreme Shock and other "cool" named ammo, no thank you. I have better things to spend my money on, even if the better things cost more. Try to explain to a jury why your ammo is named as it is. I'll wait here.

Biker
    The highlighted part above. Has anyone ever received clarification on the law as it pertains to off duty LEO?
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    The highlighted part above. Has anyone ever received clarification on the law as it pertains to off duty LEO?
    PM inbound.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; May 10th, 2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: link PM'ed

VIP Member
    From their literature:
    E-Shock rounds are engineered to expend maximum energy into soft targets, turning the density mass into an expanding rotational cone of NyTrilium matrix particles, causing neurological collapse to the central nervous system...
    Considering that everything in that sentence is complete and utter pseudo-scientific horse manure (i.e. a bald faced lie), I will never give a single cent to that company, even if they eventually develop the super-duper death ray...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    I remember growing up watching my uncles and my grandaddy use their pocket knives to carve notches in the tops of their lead bullets. They killed just about everything that ever breathed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links