FTF Concerns

This is a discussion on FTF Concerns within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wilson 47D mags Wilson ETM mags Tripp Cobra Mags Novak marked ACT mags These are the ones I've had best luck with. All have lifetime ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTF Concerns

Wilson 47D mags
    Wilson ETM mags
    Tripp Cobra Mags
    Novak marked ACT mags

These are the ones I've had best luck with. All have lifetime warranty (except springs). They will replace any magazine you're not satisfied with. I like the Novak magazines the best for the price and I like the follower better (no polymer), but all have worked flawlessly for me.

Some people don't like wilson magazines because the feed lips are shorter. One of the things some people like to say is the wilson mags basically "throw" the round into the chamber because it releases it early and it floats free for part of it's travel out of the mag. This leads to it "magically" making some guns work because it doesn't rely on the feed ramp to precisely bump the nose up into the barrel. A 1911 is pretty fickle when it comes to feeding. It's designed for a controlled feed with a bump up so the rim of the casing rests itself right behind the extractor. The good thing about these magazines and most newer designs is that the follower doesn't pop forward and ding the feed ramp. Older style 1911 mags had this tendency, and I also like that the follower on each of the models I listed is one piece so there's no metal to deform.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

I use Wilson 47D's in my carry gun,at the range I will usually load up some chip mccormicks and shoot,my 1911's will eat anything,they are garbage disposals,as long as the rounds are not out of spec
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Have a Tripp Cobra Mag on its way to me as we speak (probably will get here later today) and yeah I had one of the mags ding my feed ramp.

Tripp Cobra Mag got here today and fed my PMC Starfire JHPs without a hitch. Liked the hybrid follower design so much that I ordered a Wilson Combat 47D tonight for a little bit of variety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links