380 ACP in stock, well priced

This is a discussion on 380 ACP in stock, well priced within the Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Brass Cased, Clean Powder with full power load. 100 grain Hard Ball is just 20 bucks/50 rds -on sale for the 4th for 19 bucks! ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 380 ACP in stock, well priced

380 ACP in stock, well priced

Brass Cased, Clean Powder with full power load.

100 grain Hard Ball is just 20 bucks/50 rds -on sale for the 4th for 19 bucks!

Also have box of 50 JHP for sub $25

http://www.scottsdaleammo.com/category_s/40.htm

I need 380 badly and have been wanting to try HPR ammo out.

2. Remove Ads

THANKS!!

Finally! Some .380 FMJ-FP!

I just emailed them my LEO identification for their LEO discount.

Now, don't you all go and buy up all the .380 ammo before my account gets set up!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I just Got a box of remey 380 FMJ from wally... 17.47 for 50ct.
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

I have a discount ammo shop near me. I noticed that .380 prices have dropped. PMC was down to about $14.00/ 50. Not the exact price, some other was in the $13 range.

I bought a box of Bitterroot Valley .380 JHP 90gr for $22.00 /50. Now that is a good price for hollowpoint. I looked up Bitterroot and it seems to be a brand local to Montana. Somehow, it found its way to WA. Noticeably snappy at the firing range. I did my informal backyard ballistics test and it has the best penetration of any non plus .380 that I have tested so far. I like it! Curious that the case is stamped with "WIN 380 AUTO". I wonder if they buy Winchester brass? I am going to load up on some more boxes of this stuff. I need stuff that I can afford to cycle off at the gun range, like I feel that I can't shoot the expensive Hornady or Hydrashock that I have.

Yeah, sheesh they're expensive. My new .380 ammo retails for $13.25/50rds.

BVAC is an ammo company with ties directly to CCI/Speer for supplies. They are in Montana but do a lot of wholesale business.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

That is not an expensive price for quality factory ammo. I'm sorry, but when I see CONSISTENTLY priced 380 going for $20-30 for a 20 ROUND box that is nearly double what this deal is.

I've bought Buffalo Bore before which goes for about $1-1.20 a round with just about the same ballistic info as HPR.

And as an FYI, BVAC is along the lines of plinking/white box and somewhat dirty but that's just my experience.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Around my way 380 is still 20-21 $ per 50 round fmj box. Its more than 45 acp!
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I got the LEO discount, and ordered up 300 rounds. Hope it feeds in our LCPs well. I like the fact that the FMJ is a flat-point, and that it is 100 gr in weight. If it works well, it will be my winter carry ammo for my LCP.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by jackslcp View Post
    That is not an expensive price for quality factory ammo. I'm sorry, but when I see CONSISTENTLY priced 380 going for $20-30 for a 20 ROUND box that is nearly double what this deal is.
    "Factory" in this day and age means "federally licensed ammunition manufacturer", not a huge 100,000 square foot facility operated by a multi-million dollar corporation dedicated to assembling ammunition components into a finished product.

This HPR brand ammunition is unproved as they've just come to market in the last month or two. I've been in this industry over 3 years and I'm still not a mark on the map.

Selling the same product for higher than market price doesn't make it quality. I've never had my .380 ammunition higher than $15/50rds in the 3+ year's I've been in business. This is new manufacture ammunition using Starline brass, not reloads.

I wish HPR ammunition the best of success in this business. It's tougher than it looks.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Not only is .380 getting cheaper, but there is more of it and more variety of brands on the shelf here in Washington. Between $13/$15 per box of fifty. Curiously, Walmart is still empty of .380 around here.

Also, some guns are more available. I have seen Kahr .380 and 9mm, Sig P238 showing up in display cases, where a while back it was rare. One local shop has all Keltec pistols at 20 percent off. Not sure if the resulting Keltec price is a deal, but they have lots of them.

I just picked up a Springfield Armory M1a Loaded for a very nice price off the store wall. That would not have happened a month ago.

I walked in to my local and albeit over priced gun store and found the shelves stocked with all kinds of .380 ammo, months ago they had signs up restricting those purchases to one box per customer when the shipments would come in.

Back then I gladly payed my $23.99 for 50 rounds of blazer brass FMJ's and went on my way, and then came back with my fiance to get two more boxes.

Today I got a box of 50 115gr. for $13.99, I can't remember the brand name but they were reloaded ammunition and they all worked great! My cousin had the same luck out of his two boxes of .38 special for $16.99 each.

380 ACP Target & Self Defense Ammo Cheap

I though I would share this info:

If anyone is looking for some cheap 380 ACP ammo, TargetSportsUSA.com has some in stock

Prvi Partizan 380 ACP $16.95/50 rounds 380 ACP Ammo-Prvi Partizan 380 Auto ACP 94 Grain FMJ Ammo

Federal American Eagle 380 ACP 17.95/50 rounds
    380 ACP Ammo-Federal American Eagle Handgun 380 ACP 95 Grain FMJ Ammo

Independence 380 ACP 16.95/50 rounds
    Independence 380 ACP AUTO 90 Grain FMJ Ammo

...here is the link to the entire .380 auto ammo selection
    380 ACP Auto Ammo | Cheap 380 ACP AUTO Ammunition For Sale Online

HPR is too expensive. they'll have to do better on the price if they want me to try their ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    HPR is too expensive. they'll have to do better on the price if they want me to try their ammo.
    Their business model is similar to BHA (Black Hills Ammunition). With prices higher than market, they will have an uphill battle to prove to their potential customers that the price is a value for the product. Being an ammo manufacturer, including loading for the .380, I know the numbers.

• New ammunition manufacturer out of nowhere
    • Price is on the luxury side of the spectrum
    • Prices remanufactured ammunition very similar to new

Seems to be the sticking point of price is preventing customers from trying their ammunition. Customers think "I can buy a box of CCI Blazer 9mm for $9/50. HPR is charging $14.49/50. Customers think they can buy new ammunition for less than the price of remanufactured ammunition. People will drive across the street to save 2 cents a gallon on gasoline. They will buy ammo for 40% less somewhere else no problem. Today's customers want the three concepts on business (fast, cheap, quality) all in one. Sorry, this is the real world. Pick two.

That said price simply means price, it does not reflect quality.**

** ETA: That goes for my ammunition as well as other companies.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Their business model is similar to BHA (Black Hills Ammunition). With prices higher than market, they will have an uphill battle to prove to their potential customers that the price is a value for the product. Being an ammo manufacturer, including loading for the .380, I know the numbers.

• New ammunition manufacturer out of nowhere
    • Price is on the luxury side of the spectrum
    • Prices remanufactured ammunition very similar to new

Seems to be the sticking point of price is preventing customers from trying their ammunition. Customers think "I can buy a box of CCI Blazer 9mm for $9/50. HPR is charging $14.49/50. Customers think they can buy new ammunition for less than the price of remanufactured ammunition. People will drive across the street to save 2 cents a gallon on gasoline. They will buy ammo for 40% less somewhere else no problem. Today's customers want the three concepts on business (fast, cheap, quality) all in one. Sorry, this is the real world. Pick two.

That said price simply means price, it does not reflect quality.**

** ETA: That goes for my ammunition as well as other companies.

i pay $9.47/50 rounds of 9mm and $11.97/50 rounds of 40cal federal champion at Walmart right near my house.

if an ammo company can match, or beat that, then i will try their product.

(it's simple range ammo for me, i have no use for fancy match stuff like black hills)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links